Sign in to follow this  

Newbie !!

Hi all...

Just joined and so far I am really enjoying this forum !!!

I just recently bought my first 4 stroke ever (drz400) and love it to death. I tried to search the forums about flush mounting the tail light. (apparently i am not 20 anymore and when you go over the bars it hurts even more !! )

And yes i smashed it the first time out in the woods. Would really appreciate any help or pics. Thank you ahead of time !!

oh dude! do you have any before and after pics? I've been down too. a couple of times when i was trying to be a hot shot. well, at least you baby it now.

I was totally tired of replacing my turnsignals, so I got ones for a GSXR1000, there super low profile, kinda hard to see in the day (LED's) but they look wicked cool and I havent smashed them off yet, $70 cdn but well worth it in my opinion, taillight however I am still looking into

I use two rail lights designed for diesel truck trailers. Couple bucks each at any truck stop. They are sealed and difficult to break. You will have to solder pigtails to the contacts but it is a quick job.

Nope wished id had wings though...my ribs would feel alot better....

Thanks for the info guys, i really like the looks of that DRC....Do you have a link to a website for me ?? Thanks again !!

Troy

I use two rail lights designed for diesel truck trailers. Couple bucks each at any truck stop. They are sealed and difficult to break. You will have to solder pigtails to the contacts but it is a quick job.

Pics?

Nope wished id had wings though...my ribs would feel alot better....

Thanks for the info guys, i really like the looks of that DRC....Do you have a link to a website for me ?? Thanks again !!

Troy

Some people think they are just for moto....but a good chest protector has saved my ass more than once!

Already looking into that.....I have one, the only problem is that i cant get my fat azz into it anymore....time for new one ! :thumbsup:

I went with the BD LED tailight and a set of lokhart philips flush mount IV's. Nothing sticks out in back anymore. Dead on the back the LP's are not great but you get any angle on the back and they are very visible. Plus not being LED they didn't mess with the flash rate as bad.

I trashed my tail light too. I was (trying) to ride up a huge flight of stairs, slipped back on the seat, grabbed hard on the bars, and accidently pinned the throttle, went over backwards with the bike and trashed the stock tail light, rest of the bike is unscathed. :thumbsup: Bike is 3 days old. I'm getting a little old to pull stuff like that, but I gave a few guys a good laugh! :ride:

Anyway, I just ordered the DRC from Wheeling. Forrest is a class guy and very helpful on the phone. I also ordered the blinkers as they are low profile and look to be pretty well protected for pulling the kind of stupid stunt that i did.