Sign in to follow this  

Has this ever happened to you

I came home today from a day at the track and realized that my clutch cover was very dirty. After inspecting the cover I realized that my rear brake some how punched a small hole in the cover. Now is there a way to fix that small hole or would i be better off buying a new cover. It is leaking oil but not allot. Maybe I should just try not to drop it.

JB weld will work fine if you dont want to replace it immediately. File down the brake lever flat where it contacts the cover. Mine had a sharp edge that could have easily knocked a hole in the cover.

i've done that on two of my bikes so far, its just a small flaw in design, and jb weld works great, ran it for an entire season!! rivet some rubber to the inside of the break pedal

yea happened to me... second day i have my bike* first ride*

i was so happy about my new bike i took it to AZ and stupidity overwhelmed me i just tanked it up the side of a small mtn. all of a sudden it turned rocky as :thumbsup: punched a hole in the side the first half hour... :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

took me a week to get a new clutch cover to ride my new used bike.

in the mean time :ride::applause: .

Just make sure none of the JB gets into the case.

man of heard of this alot,I read you should file down the first two spikes.

I still havent yet,think i better though! ive seen worst jb welded case covers,

stuff works......most of the time if in a nice flat spot.

yup, but mine was on my igniton side, i ended up having it laser welded, yes it is possible to have it done