Sign in to follow this  

Jetting,air leak? (Need Help)

What I have is an 06' rm250. The problem is after the bikes warmed up and I've ridden it for 15/20 minutes it does not come down off the revs once I'm off the throttle. Basically once its in the power band for a couple seconds and I let off to go into a corner the revs stay high and it wants to keep going kinda like a stuck throttle (only the throttle sticking is not the problem, it works fine). I have changed the jetting both main and pilot and raised the clip position just to have a bike that is now running to rich, still with no noticeable difference with the reving problem. The last thing I did was to put the bike on the stand and while running at half throttle sprayed some starter fluid around the carb,air box,reed cage,etc.. to check for an outside air leak. I thought that maybe while I was riding outside air might be leaking past causing the bike to run lean. The last two times I went riding, as soon as I started the bike it immediately started reving high just idling in neutral till it warmed up. I'm not a mechanic and almost ready to take it to the bike shop so any suggestions would be great. :thumbsup:

If its a leak then my first test would have detected it right? the bike should have reved off the charts when I sprayed around those areas. Where else could it be leaking from?