cdi boxes

Just sharing some info here i tested a crf 250 cdi box on a 450 and it lost power about the same as retarding the timing 4 degrees on a 450 with the stock box it did not show any improvements in the lower part of the curve also the only thing it does is make it so you can rev it all the way back to 35 hp .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year was the 250 cdi box and the 450 bike? I've read many other people say it makes their 450s run better, that seems odd yours did not. Did it run better in the top end?

It may rev quicker, but with the loss of a little power it makes it more manageable? ?

It may rev quicker, but with the loss of a little power it makes it more manageable? :applause:

this is very true with alot of final tuning ?

you may have a wet track or need more overrev and you need something different,

this is why i like the vortex box---it has 10 cruves right at your fingettips and you can fake a decible sound test or get traction for the start or deal with a muddy or slick track ,

it is all about behing able to get just the amount of power you need down to the ground and use it :ride:

it does not rev quiker just longer i tryed the 06 crf 250 box and the 04 crf 250 box to many times pepole try things that dont really make a diference they justify the exspense by convincing there selves that it did make a diference .

Feels to me and several other friends that the bike revs quicker, longer, and we are able to more easily clear some big jumps, even over jump them if we aren't careful.

ben

that might go directly to the idea of less hp spinning the tire, allowing you to hook up and get more speed...

Ever watch a speedway bike wheelie when the guy backs off the throttle? Same type of thing...less hp to the wheel allows it to hook up and move the bike. Think of it like traction control...slowing down to go faster

try putting a diferent tire on the bike i know the 450s are spinning more because a good 250 will catch them going down the straight theres only so much traction

this is a huge factor also ---on my red 450 i have to put a new tire on every two rides and some times every ride day-- :applause:

if it gets alittle worn the thing will make all kinds of noise but the dam thing wont go anywhere and i really have to back the throttle off to hook up and go forward and the little 250's start breathing up my ass and it easy to start missing some of the bigger jumps :applause:?:ride::applause:

the honda is a hard animal to keep hooked up and really pulling and not just going up in smoke :applause:

I don't have no problem with putting the power too the ground. I have a problem of keeping the front end down though guess I have too much traction.. ?

ok OHIO --you have real good dirt ---I'm jealous baby ,

man we out here in az and cal just have concrete blue grove junk ,

its rare for us to have good dirt :ride:--= generally only in the 3 days of winter when its 50 dergeese out for acoupple hrs !

ok OHIO --you have real good dirt ---I'm jealous baby ,

man we out here in az and cal just have concrete blue grove junk ,

its rare for us to have good dirt ?--= generally only in the 3 days of winter when its 50 dergeese out for acoupple hrs !

Yeah the dirt here is sooo nice and tacky I can run a worn out 756 and still have front end problems lol.. Bad thing is I want too move out too az/cali area lol..

the only thing it does is make it so you can rev it all the way back to 35 hp .

Ron,

Can you or someone else please explain this last part? The CRF250 CDI only allows 35hp? ?

-I sent an email to you about having some work done, looking fwd to it!

Yeah the dirt here is sooo nice and tacky I can run a worn out 756 and still have front end problems lol.. Bad thing is I want too move out too az/cali area lol..

it is an acquired taste in bike set up suspension, tires and power delivery .

it will turn your wheels into stop signs in a month ? and beat your wrists , elbows ,and ankles all to hell real quick