Sign in to follow this  

First bike...Need help with everything

Ok, I just picked up a '95 XR200R the other day. Sad to say this is my first motorcycle ever, and I'm 34. I can do most maintenance on cars, but have never, ever worked on a motorcycle. If the guy didn't show me the oil plug, I wouldn't have known how to change the oil! :thumbsup:

I know when I had my Jeep, a factory service manual was way better than the Haynes you can buy at Autozone. What manual should I get for this, and if you have a link, I'd appreciate it! I've searched here about the mods to the suspension, etc, but since I'm so green, I wouldn't attempt more than swapping out the plug! :ride:

Thanks for your help!!!

Mel

Not much beats a Factory Honda Service manual. You should be able to order one from a Honda dealer. Clymer manuals aren't too bad, but sometimes get a bit confusing because they commonly cover many models in the same book. The Clymer I bought for my 1975 XL350 covers just about every Honda 100cc to 350cc single cyl made from 1969 to 1982. You have to jump around alot, and make sure you're still on the info for same model and size.

Clymer has one for specifically for the xr200. I like them better than factory manual, they tend to explain a lot more and have more picture's. But for odd and older models, the factory honda one would be better.