Sign in to follow this  

Bluff Creek next week?

Anyone interested in Bluff Creek next week?

I've got both bikes running and want to try them out.

Not sure of date yet, what day works for you?

None.....(I'm a working stiff) but I may be able to go in late and meet up in the morning. What day is best for you (or anyone else) .

Do they close the park when it muddy out? How do I find out if bluff will be open this weekend?

As far as I know...BC is never closed unless they are having a race there and that is only like once a year.

BC sucks when it is wet because it is primarily clay and is slick as hell...It is great a day after raining because it helps keep the dust down.

As far as I know...BC is never closed unless they are having a race there and that is only like once a year.

BC sucks because the quads have ruined all of the singletrack trails and made everything 2-track rutted out crap.

Fixed.

Tuesday or Wednesday works for me.

Lets plan on wed. If it's rainy mon/tue I may cancel.

Tuesday or Wednesday works for me.

Wednesday sounds good to me too.....the bike is still in dirt mode.

I took the boys down on tuesday after it rained on monday. The woods were pretty wet down in the bottom, Caleb went down about 4 times in there, he was soaked and covered with mud by the time he got out, I was impressed by his perserverance. But the rest of the area was fine.

paul

I'll plan on wed. will try and be there @ 9am or so. Will have to leave about 2pm.

John

Fixed.

Well....to a degree, yeah...

But realistically, what better option is out there that I can sneak off to on any given Wednesday that doesn't take a 6 or 8 hour drive? :thumbsup:

Every time Eric brings this thread up, somebody jumps in and bashes the area, but nobody ever says "Hey guys- that place is a little quadded out. Why don't you try __________, it's just as close, but really a lot better."

paul

Legal public riding area's are just so hard to come by in central IA. Bluff Creek isn't Colorado or Buffalo Range for that matter, but it's what we've got. Until I win the lottery and buy 200 acres of timber, it's what I'll be going to. I'd love to ride on someone's private land, but haven't been invited to any.

I don't think they are calling for any rain, but I didn't pay attention to the weather forcast.

Wednesday works for me. I'll plan on being there around 8:30 or 9 also.

Paul, I don't think Doug will be joining us, I think school started, but I'll give him a call. I'll try to get Tom and Chad from Mitra to go. I'll touch base with you later, maybe try to arrange rides down there, so we all aren't driving seperate.

Eric

Eric-

I saw Tom on Sunday at the fair right after you did....it would be great if he changed his mind. Is Kendall's son healed yet? Might be too close to school starting for him too.

I e-mailed a guy from the dual sport ride named Jonas and he may be able to meet us there too. He lives in Centerville and another one of you KTM types too...also has a 620. Too bad he wasn't there the last time to help with Doug's woes- would have known all about the Edelbrock.

I am also leaning on a guy from work to take the day off and borrow a bike from his brother-in-law to go...He's definitely interested, just needs a little push.

Have you rounded up anyone else? How is attendance looking?

paul

I'm bringing Chad and he talked to a friend of his, so there might be 3 of us. I'll call Tom tonight and push him a little to. Should be a good turn out. 5- 7 of us.