Sign in to follow this  

New Holly track?

I heard yesterday that one of the members here has opened a track. I don't want to say who it is out of respect for the owner but it's about two miles from the fantasy track on Dixie.

So I'm going to guess that this track your talking about is built on private property and is only open to the owner and a few select people he allows in? If it was going to be open to the public I'm sure we would have heard about it before now because the builder would have had to jump thru all the same hoops that the twp has made carl mcculloch jump thru. I'd love to see a motocross track thats open to the public built in the area, but I think we're going to have to be patient and wait on the mcculloch track even if it doesn't open until next year.

Where exactly is the new track if you don't mind me asking? I'm extremely familiar with the area and wouldn't mind taking a look. If they have a sign out front they must want people to find out about it. Is it 2 miles north,south east or west of middleton? If it's south or east then it's actually in groveland twp.

Where exactly is the new track if you don't mind me asking? I'm extremely familiar with the area and wouldn't mind taking a look. If they have a sign out front they must want people to find out about it. Is it 2 miles north,south east or west of middleton? If it's south or east then it's actually in groveland twp.

I think I should wait for the owner to respond.

Is this going to be another 10 pager? You east coasters are silly.

Only 10 pages?

:thumbsup:

the fantasy track on Dixie.

God the sarcasm on this board is the best, I could read this instead of watching TV and get so much more amusement! :thumbsup:

So has anyone here seen the track or ridden out there yet? After reading the info from the michigan motocross web site it sound like a cool place. It is private though and obviously you need approval from the owner to ride out there. I wonder big they wanna let this thing get.....or how many people they are going to allow out there? If the owner is a member here on thumper talk, I'd like to hear from him and get more info about the place.

I emailed the owner last night to get some more info. Will post back on any response and hopefully some more details, but the place sounds great.

I've talked with the owner a few times.. Great guy.. They honestly sound like they have it together and its sounding like its going to be one heck of a facility..

I know at the moment they have a ton of things in the works. with the community and the county trying to get things stright for overnight camping, races, ect. but from what he said on the phone it deffinatly is still moving forward at a very nice pace.

MIdirtriders.com has some info about the track as well.

I've talked with the owner a few times.. Great guy.. They honestly sound like they have it together and its sounding like its going to be one heck of a facility..

I know at the moment they have a ton of things in the works. with the community and the county trying to get things stright for overnight camping, races, ect. but from what he said on the phone it deffinatly is still moving forward at a very nice pace.

MIdirtriders.com has some info about the track as well.

They pulled all construction equipment six weeks ago. Zero track construction. My BS meter is pegged.

P.S. I'm talking about the Dixie Hwy track,not the one on Holly Rd.

They pulled all construction equipment six weeks ago. Zero track construction. My BS meter is pegged.

P.S. I'm talking about the Dixie Hwy track,not the one on Holly Rd.

P.S. isnt that a different thread??

P.S. isnt that a different thread??

Yes, I was replying to MI MX's post. How's it going?

Yes, I was replying to MI MX's post. How's it going?

going pretty good , if i get the chance this weekend im loading up and taking the chance on this place , i'll let you guys know what happens......thats IF i get the chance :thumbsup:

if you go up above MIMX to MoeBigs post it looks to me like they're all talking about this track which is open??

The owner of the Holly Rd. tracked emailed me back within hours of my email. He said that the track is open and ready to go, but no specifics. He said to call in advance to get put on the weekend riding list. Once there you have to sign a waiver. He also encouraged me to bring the family out. I may make it our there this weekend. If I do I'll post up my thoughts.

where's it at on Holly Rd. East or west of 75?

that like 3 miles away might have to put on over and take a look