Sign in to follow this  

Ktm144 Just Passing It On

Gene,

Sorry, but I spoke too soon. Under the current 2006 rulebook, the KTM 144 is not legal. Not because of a different stroke (the 2007 KTM 144 is a completely separate model from the KTM 125, they still offer a 125), but rather the rule that states that 144cc can only be achieved by boring a homologated 125. This issue will come up at AMA Congress and there is no guarantee that the bike will be legal in Amateur competition. Contrary to what KTM has said, they have not contacted the AMA about the KTM 144 being legal.

Ryan Holliday

AMA Sports Motocross Manager

American Motorcyclist Association

(614) 856-1900 ext. 1264

www.amadirectlink.com

You know, the AMA is the biggest political POS in the world. They will do just about anything for the big 4, but KTM, no way.

You don't believe me, why was the fuel penalty reversed for RC. The most recent interview with Steve Whitelock, he states that he was never told why to reverse it, just to do it.

Before you all bash me, I know the rule was BS, but it was in the books and JS and CR were penalized the year before. I stated this before, if it is in the books, enforce it and change it for the next year to make it right.

Basically, I am saying I wish the AMA would go away, they are useless!

You know, the AMA is the biggest political POS in the world. They will do just about anything for the big 4, but KTM, no way.

You don't believe me, why was the fuel penalty reversed for RC. The most recent interview with Steve Whitelock, he states that he was never told why to reverse it, just to do it.

Before you all bash me, I know the rule was BS, but it was in the books and JS and CR were penalized the year before. I stated this before, if it is in the books, enforce it and change it for the next year to make it right.

I wouldnt say that...they just let 1300cc Harley twins run with the jap 600's in Formula extreme...to be fair, they probably should have let them go 2300 :thumbsup:

I wouldnt say that...they just let 1300cc Harley twins run with the jap 600's in Formula extreme...to be fair, they probably should have let them go 2300 :thumbsup:

Ok, I kind of give you that one, but the AMA does cater to Harley as much if not more than the other big 4.

Gene,

Sorry, but I spoke too soon. Under the current 2006 rulebook, the KTM 144 is not legal. Not because of a different stroke (the 2007 KTM 144 is a completely separate model from the KTM 125, they still offer a 125), but rather the rule that states that 144cc can only be achieved by boring a homologated 125. This issue will come up at AMA Congress and there is no guarantee that the bike will be legal in Amateur competition. Contrary to what KTM has said, they have not contacted the AMA about the KTM 144 being legal.

Ryan Holliday

AMA Sports Motocross Manager

American Motorcyclist Association

(614) 856-1900 ext. 1264

www.amadirectlink.com

Hey Ryan, Tryce here...I didn't know you were from Michigan? See ya in October!

Your an idiot! Did I say that? Yep.

greg rider thinks that its gonna pass this year since it was only shot down by one vote last year..gee i wonder why..1 vote..lol

4-strokes are here to stay..get over it. yea theyre expensive and loud but theres notihng we can do..except ride our 2-strokes and grin when those thumpers valves start to go..lol

greg rider thinks that its gonna pass this year since it was only shot down by one vote last year..gee i wonder why..1 vote..lol

4-strokes are here to stay..get over it. yea theyre expensive and loud but theres notihng we can do..except ride our 2-strokes and grin when those thumpers valves start to go..lol

They are here to stay because they have tricked the public into thinking that they are these killer race machines. I tried a CRF450R out for 3 months and Im selling it to go back to my 01 CR250. The 4 stroke "revolution" IMO is just a step back in time. You go from a powerful, light, cheap machine to something that needs roughly double the displacement to match power, its heavier and its by no means cheap to maintain.

I could have possibly got into racing seriously when 2 strokes were all there was due to the low cost of top ends, etc, but now I would have no choice but to just ride for fun. $1000 for a top end if you want to do it right vs about $150 on a 2 stroke, oh and even if you needed to get the cylinder replated it still would only run you about $350 to do all of that. The big 4 got into 4 strokes for one reason, MONEY. Its not that they are better machines, its not that the public was just screaming for them, it was because the big 4 wanted to pad their wallets a bit more.

Screw valves, Ill take my reed's any day.

:thumbsup:

Edit : This is not to start any kind of flame war. This is only MY opinion. I rode both for about the same time over the past year and I still prefer my 2 stroke.

The big 4 got into 4 strokes for one reason, MONEY. Its not that they are better machines, its not that the public was just screaming for them, it was because the big 4 wanted to pad their wallets a bit more.

And don't forget an ignorant public that will fork over $1000+ for an exhaust that just makes it louder. :thumbsup:

Ever wonder why there were just a few 2-T exhaust manufacturers and there are dozens of players in the 4-T market?

Just ask P.T Barnum. :ride:

They are here to stay because they have tricked the public into thinking that they are these killer race machines. I tried a CRF450R out for 3 months and Im selling it to go back to my 01 CR250. The 4 stroke "revolution" IMO is just a step back in time. You go from a powerful, light, cheap machine to something that needs roughly double the displacement to match power, its heavier and its by no means cheap to maintain.

I could have possibly got into racing seriously when 2 strokes were all there was due to the low cost of top ends, etc, but now I would have no choice but to just ride for fun. $1000 for a top end if you want to do it right vs about $150 on a 2 stroke, oh and even if you needed to get the cylinder replated it still would only run you about $350 to do all of that. The big 4 got into 4 strokes for one reason, MONEY. Its not that they are better machines, its not that the public was just screaming for them, it was because the big 4 wanted to pad their wallets a bit more.

Screw valves, Ill take my reed's any day.

:ride:

Edit : This is not to start any kind of flame war. This is only MY opinion. I rode both for about the same time over the past year and I still prefer my 2 stroke.

while i dont doubt the 4-stroke bike is better for racing because it is..most people clock faster lap times on them and they work better on "outdoor" tracks, i think that influences the public alot, along with all the other things. i like 2-strokes better simply because they're cheaper to ride and they make you a better rider because they dont have the torque 4-strokes do. well...i rode an 06 yz250 and it felt pretty 4-stroke like to me :thumbsup:

And don't forget an ignorant public that will fork over $1000+ for an exhaust that just makes it louder. :applause:

Ever wonder why there were just a few 2-T exhaust manufacturers and there are dozens of players in the 4-T market?

Just ask P.T Barnum. :applause:

you should automaticaly be promoted to guru status for that.....

:ride::thumbsup:

Repair shops love 4-strokes too. They can charge a lot more per service bill cause of all the extra parts that can break.