Sign in to follow this  

07 Rmz

I am thinking of getting rid of my '05 and replacing it with a '07. I am going to strip all the aftermarket stuff off my 05 before I sell it so I want to know what parts will fit the new bike? Triple clamp, seat, pegs, sprockets, plastic(I know the shrouds are different), but what about fenders and side panels? oil/air filters radiator guards?

I don't thingk anyone can answer your question untill the '07s come out and people can figure out what will work or not...

thought maybe there were some members on here that work at a suzuki dealership or might be in the know....Seems like something that would be covered at a dealer meeting or maybe even someone on the accessory side would know, being its their business...

Everything but the shrouds. I think the sidepanels will fit, but you'll be losing the additional airflow to the intake.

I'd wait for the 08 if you have to go with Suzuki again. There aren't enough changes to make it worthwhile unless your bike is beat.

my '05 has 25hrs on it. I just want a new bike, although I was told by a friend who is a sales guy at a Suzuki dealership that there is a big difference between the '05 and 07, but not much diff. from 06-07.

I asked him about waiting until 08 for EFI. He also is a Kawai dealer and he said that they are very unhappy with the results of EFI so far. He said they are having problems with inital warm up periods and the bikes not running right.

That's why their not coming out in '07.

By '08 the factory's will have the EFI worked out.

Your dealer guy just wants you to buy now!

Nope! he could care less if I buy from him or not. he is a friend, selling me a bike at cost so its no loss to him if I dont buy one. He was just relaying what he was told by a Kawi tech.