Sign in to follow this  

Best Helmets

I am need of a new helmet. Looking to stay in the $200-$300 range and am lost with all the brands out there. Looking for any help on comfort, durability, and quality.

thanks

I really like Oneal helmets(my latest is the 906 threat), they are good quality, comfy and a reasonable price. The Oneal helmets with a cheaper paintjob are good value. A lot of the other cheap helmets are good too, I think there's about twenty different brands made in the same factory in Korea(Oneal, KBC, HJC etc), but just make sure they have DOT and SNELL on them.

I really like Oneal helmets(my latest is the 906 threat), they are good quality, comfy and a reasonable price. The Oneal helmets with a cheaper paintjob are good value. A lot of the other cheap helmets are good too, I think there's about twenty different brands made in the same factory in Korea(Oneal, KBC, HJC etc), but just make sure they have DOT and SNELL on them.

how is the sizing on the oneal helmets? im ordering a 906 tonight i found a size chart and it looks like i should get a medium but my fox v3 is a large. the fox fits well but it chips real easy when roosted. thats my main complaint with the fox.

how is the sizing on the oneal helmets? im ordering a 906 tonight i found a size chart and it looks like i should get a medium but my fox v3 is a large. the fox fits well but it chips real easy when roosted. thats my main complaint with the fox.

Hmmm, not sure about the sizing. My head's about 58cm around(just above my eyebrows) and the XL is pretty snug on my head. It'd be a good idea to see if you can try one on in a shop, and maybe even ask if you can get it for the same price as you can online?

If you are looking for a good deal,then I'd get a FOX Pro Pilot.I bought one a while ago,and got it for about $175 delivered.It rocks.

Shoei makes a great helmet. I picked up a new one on ebay for $275. It's a great helmet and very comfortable. It seems to be better padded than my less expensive helmets which does make it a bit warm in the summer. But, I need all the protection I can get. :thumbsup:

I tried on many brands of helmets and suprisingly the one industries trooper felt the best, even better than the shoei and arai but everyone has different shape heads so my preference could be totally different than the next guy. Check ebay, i got the trooper for $150 shipped. Dennis Kirk will have the top of the line thors for under $100 that typically go for around $300. good luck

I think the Arai VX Pro is by far the best... but they aren't cheap. I think my next will probably be a Fox V3 though...they fit pretty well and can be had new for 199 (via ebay).

I have a new 06 pro pilot that doesnt quite fit the same as the older model I had before.

Get the Troy Lee helmet, by Far the best i've had. Over the past few years I've had AGC's, Shoei's, M2R's, and Bell's. Currently using a M2R, like but not love it like my Troy Lee.

I am need of a new helmet. Looking to stay in the $200-$300 range and am lost with all the brands out there. Looking for any help on comfort, durability, and quality.

thanks

I'm running one of these right now. I really dig it, super nice quality and construction. I got the first one off of ebay for $120 shipped, and just ordered a backup from the same guy for the same price.

CLICKY

I'm not into paying the big pricess for the super nice helmets, I'd rather just replace a good helmet once a year. By then there all ratty anyways no matter how much they cost.

I disagree with helmet worn out/ratty in year. a quality helmet will last much

longer than a year but only one hard crash. If I have to trust my head to any helmet I want a helmet I can trust will be there for me when the unfortunate happens. Go to the araiamericas web site and look at the helmet from a street bike 140 mph crash into a street sign post(located in the astounding link) and the guy is still alive. You only have one brain and one crash is all it takes. We have a local shop called Helmet Harbor and on the shelf they have a cut away Arai and also the other shell that most helmet manufactures buy and the Arai is about twice the thickness.

In the past I always liked the HJC helmets. That all changed with the ax-x3. The x3 is HEAVY. Much heavier than the past. I suppose this is on purpose to chase you up to their 400.00 carbon fibre model.

I bought the fox v3 on sale for 175.00 The fit is excellent. Its light and well vented. My complaint is that it tends to amputate your ears when you put it on.

I think I will g back to M2r and be done with it. Light, comfortable , and 150 bucks. Whats not to love??? If you look at m2r, order one size smaller than you normally wear.

Bell. Outstanding comfort and fit, well inside your price range.

FJT

Thor Force has been the best fit for me so far. The One Industries was a close second. I've had Fox Pro Pilot, Thor Force, One Industries Trooper, a TLD Wardy helmet, and a SixSixOne Flight.

Simpson Racing GS3 MX - They are light and inexpensive at only $150. Been running mine for a year and have no complaints.