Sign in to follow this  

2000DRZE - overheats

My bike overheats when I am trailriding with my son on his li'l Z 50R. Why does this bike run so hot? Would a fan (like the S) help?

Steve

You are likely going too slow to move enough air thru the rads. Yes a fan will help. How do you know it is overheating? Boils over? Also, a 1.6 cap from a Kawasaki KX500 will help

Engine ice...and upgrade the cap. I have been running Engine Ice in my E and it has never boiled over, even sitting at a traffic light on a 90+ deg day...

It does not take much airflow to cool, maybe take your kid to an area that he can maintain a little bit of speed, then when he gets better, take him to the trails.

My bike overheats when I am trailriding with my son on his li'l Z 50R. Why does this bike run so hot? Would a fan (like the S) help?

Steve

What is your carb jetting like? Stock? Any intake or exhaust mods? If the jetting is too lean, this can make the engine run hotter.

I was having overheating problems on my 2004DRZS. Even with a fan! It was running hot and boiling over into the overflow tank all the time. The temp light would come on on highway rides and I would have to pull over and let it cool. Eddie checked it out and it ended up being my head gasket. He replaced it and she's running great now. You might want to have a look at that.