Sign in to follow this  

03 CRF 450 opinions...

I have an 05 crf250r and an 03 rm250. I have someone interested in trading me even up an 03 CRF450r for my RM250. How good were the 03's. He has reciepts of a fresh motor, and suspension. Your thoughts, please?

Shawn

I love my 03......and I am very partial to Yamaha. I only got this b/c it was a deal and a 1/2. The only thing that gets me is the front end and how it likes to push, but there are fixes for that. Other than that the bike has been perfect to me. My confidence has grwon more on this bike than any other in the past.

Ive got an 03 and have found the solution to the front push. A 20mm clamp and running the sag at 95mm. Running the sag at 95 without the 20mm clamp doesnt work because there isnt enough trail.

Nothin wrong with that 2003, if nothing else you can get more for it faster than you would be able to get rid of that 2-smoker :thumbsup:

I had an 03 crf450 when i turned 15. The bike was awesome, i recommed it. I raced A class hairscrambles and i had to hustle that bike around to keep up with the 125s and 250 two strokes. I ended up selling the 450 for a yz250. The 450 was the best bike i ever owned, its just it didnt fit my riding that i did. I took it out on the track to open it up once and a while, and the thing screamed. It is the easiest bike to jump with.

My buddy just sold his 03. Man did that thing overheat easily in the woods! No probs with the 04 or 05 I've had though.

Thats a relative term "over-heat"...they'll puke past the cap at 175-180 degrees which isnt even hot enough to get the oil to optimum temp (210F)

A stiffer cap and the "problem" would disappear...

I really like mine. Go see how it rides. If you like it, trade him.