Sign in to follow this  

problem with bike need help fast

well today i went to start my bike and couldnt get it started so i tried to coast start it and all i got was a deep quiet bur--bur--bur :thumbsup: can some one please help me?? :ride:

oh yeah are the valves good? well start by making sure the plug is good and make sure it is actually getting gas

i put a new plug in and still no luck it is getting gas could valve clearences cause this!!!

The KX250F had a problem with the cam chain tensioner plate. There were little winglets on the plate that were known to break off and fall down the chain recess thereby shorting out your ignition. Take a look at that. Kawasaki claims they made a "running change" on the production line but many still got through. You didn't say what year your bike was, but valve clearances shouldn't cause that situation.

i had the same thing happend to my cudnt figure what was wrong bgrought it to my dealer and the cam sproket is a pressed on peice and it ended up moving of half a tooth and thats all it took to make it not stop dn if that whats wrong with yours but i no kawi said they were havinng this happening latly on the 04s and 05s

anybody else have any ideas other then cam sprocket befor i got tearing my bike apart. sorry for all the questions this is my first 4-stroke ive rode 2-strokes all my life.

i checked out my cam sprocket and its in perfect condition. gonna check the valves. anyone else have any ideas.