Sign in to follow this  

Switching back

Well, its been kinda fun on the 450, but not enough. Im switching back to my 01 CR250 because I just like the feel and the power of that bike better. Plus I love the fact that I dont have valves or any other extra moving stuff to worry about.

I ended up riding last Friday and spent alot of time on my bike, then switched over to my friends KX250. Even with the clutch going out I was still more comfortable and enjoyed riding more than I have with the 450.

I dont remember if some of you saw a few months back when I posted what happened to my CR250, but basically I cracked the right side crankcase and clutch cover trying to start the bike. I finally split the cases yesterday and started work to get my poor baby running again. I have a new hot rods crank assembly on the way and ALL new bearings and seals for the bottom end.

I cant wait to take the CR out again, I miss that 2 stroke power!!!!

Nothing else like it :thumbsup: .

I see you have an 01 engine in an 03 frame .. what did you have to do to get this to work? I was considering doing that myself, but havent done reasearch yet.

Well, its been kinda fun on the 450, but not enough. Im switching back to my 01 CR250 because I just like the feel and the power of that bike better. Plus I love the fact that I dont have valves or any other extra moving stuff to worry about.

I ended up riding last Friday and spent alot of time on my bike, then switched over to my friends KX250. Even with the clutch going out I was still more comfortable and enjoyed riding more than I have with the 450.

I dont remember if some of you saw a few months back when I posted what happened to my CR250, but basically I cracked the right side crankcase and clutch cover trying to start the bike. I finally split the cases yesterday and started work to get my poor baby running again. I have a new hot rods crank assembly on the way and ALL new bearings and seals for the bottom end.

I cant wait to take the CR out again, I miss that 2 stroke power!!!!

I love my CR250,But the more i ride my CRF450R the more i prefer it.Last week we rode in rocky conditions i found my 450 in 2nd gear crawled through every thing hi or low r's.If i had my 250 i would heve been the clutch master and would have been all over.I think you should get more seat time on your 450 as i am because i think it will get better :thumbsup:

I love my CR250,But the more i ride my CRF450R the more i prefer it.Last week we rode in rocky conditions i found my 450 in 2nd gear crawled through every thing hi or low r's.If i had my 250 i would heve been the clutch master and would have been all over.I think you should get more seat time on your 450 as i am because i think it will get better :thumbsup:

Ive put enough seat time on it so far to know that I really prefer the power my two stroke makes over the 450. I just feel more at home on it and I have spent even less time on my 250 than my 450. My 250 was bought in Sept 05 and I have maybe put a few hours on it at most. The CRF has a little bit more than that.

I feel good going back to the 2 stroke. I love the simplicity to them and the power is just "fun" to say the least.

Thanks for posting the link skip!