Sign in to follow this  

Taller seat-XT225--for taller riders?

Has anyone changed their stock seat on their XT225 Serow to one that will work better for riders 5'10" or taller? If so, how has it worked? Does anyone have a recommendation as to a company to do such work?

IMO this bike, changing to bigger rear sprocket/smaller front sprocket/DOT knobbies is a good compromise for cost/weight/EZ maintenanance/crash-worthiness/electric start/ all-round capability, especially for women or older guys.

Thanks in advance for input.

My dad and I have been wondering the same thing! IMO yamaha seats SUCK.

Why did you go with a bigger rear sprocket and a smaller front? That will add more torque, and take off your top speed. These little bikes need all the speed they can get to keep up with people on the highway. I would be changing to a smaller rear sprocket, and a bigger front.

My brothers and I (ages 56,62,and 67---heights 5'10'', 6'1", 6'3") ride mostly offroad, only using "street-legal" areas to connect off-road areas. Whoever rides the Serow for very long complains of feeling cramped leg-wise. Those sprocket and tire mods increase offroad capabilties incredibly; the Serow will still do 55mph cruising, too. That suits our purposes....

My brothers and I (ages 56,62,and 67---heights 5'10'', 6'1", 6'3") ride mostly offroad, only using "street-legal" areas to connect off-road areas. Whoever rides the Serow for very long complains of feeling cramped leg-wise. Those sprocket and tire mods increase offroad capabilties incredibly; the Serow will still do 55mph cruising, too. That suits our purposes....

Ah, you use it for mostly offroad, that would explain it. :thumbsup: My 40 year old father uses his to comute around town and to work. I sometimes use it to commute to the local trails to take a relaxing ride. Fun bikes :ride: