Sign in to follow this  

Shipping a full sized mx bike...

Well since the search feauture is NEVER working, i need to find out info about shipping my kx250F...

How much does it usually cost to ship something like this inside the USA? Do i need to built a crate for it? What kinda shipping companies do i need to look for? Ive, never shipped a full size bike so i have no clue what to do really...

so if you have shipped bikes post up what you did and how much $

Any info would be great, Thanks

and would it be shipped to their door would would u have to pick it up somewhere?

I shipped a WR 250F a couple years ago, I want to say it was between $150 and $250. For the crate, I just went to a dealer close to me and asked if I could have one that the new bikes came in. They were getting ready to throw them away, so I assume most places would let you have one.

There are cheaper alternatives, but these people go to where the bike is to be picked up, put it on a pallet, load it in the truck, deliver it, unload it, and take it off of the pallet. You don't even need to drain fluids (including gas). Everything is done for you and they know what they're doing. I shipped a bike from Dayton, Ohio to Galveston, Texas for $600. Price depends on where you are from and going to. Took about 1 week for delivery. :thumbsup:

http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/

I did a lot of research on shipping a KTM 200EXC.

Many people will give you quotes that are two years old and from the days of $2.00 gasoline. Deisel was $3.50 a gallon the last time I checked.

www.forwardair.com is one option.

If your company has freight shipping, Federal Express was quite competitive.

Business to business with a loading dock will save about $70 at each end.

If a big semi can pick it up and drop it off without a fork lift, you save money.

Many of the motorcycle shipping sites were all about shipping your Harley across country and had quotes up around $1000.

This is sort of the eBay of shipping.

http://www.uship.com/

Good luck!

Kevin

Just to be sure...

Did you get an email from someone with bad writing skills asking to send your bike across the country. Send you a cashiers check, needs a refund on it.

Blah, blah, blah,... SCAM!

I acutally bought a bike from Texas that I found on KTMTalk.com.

However, I could show that I was a long time member and even longer on ThumperTalk.com.

On 2-12-2006 I Had My Rmz450 Shipped From Ohio To Phoenix For 275.00. I Thought That Was Cheap. Now It Was Crated At The Dealer,and Unloaded At The Dock Where I Work,and Gas Was Cheaper Just That Short Time Ago Though. Mine Was Shipped By "overnight" (a Division Of Ups)

I usually go through FreightQuote.com I get crates form my local shop. They're metal and bolt back together. About all I usually have to do is takeoff the bars, front wheel & fender. I think it costs something around $500 to ship from KY to CA. Give them a shout.

I had a bike shipped from Iowa to California two years ago from Daily Direct. No crate needed. They have a large truck that is double tiered and the bikes are locked down like you would in your own truck. They only do motorcycles. It was $ 400 dollars then, Im sure more now with gas prices. They also deliver right to your door. The number was 1-888-HAULBIKES I think they are base out of Milwaukee Wi. Cheers JP