7 day forcast: 100 - 103 = too hot to ride.

That doesn't sound inviting to go riding does it? If I put my helmet on, my grey matter would become well done. How hot is it where you live? I'm claiming Central Texas is the hottest in the nation in addition to the humidity! ? I think I could find jack rabbits running with canteens on!

In AZ we ride at about 105 at ten at night at the tracks, but thankfully the humidity is about -10%. You feel the water sucked right out of your body through your skin, but, hey, MX is worth it, right? (and that's what IVs ar for!)

It is supposed to be anywhere from 105 to 108 in the Dallas area today but the humidity isn't as high as it normally is. It is actually is supposed to feel cooler that what the actual temperature is.

We are on I think our 35th day above 100.

We normally have 100+ degree days but the humidity is high and a 100 degree day can have a THI of 118 to 120 sometimes.

THI is temperature humidity index. That is what the temperature feels like.

About a month and a half ago myself and 3 of my friends were out riding at a local track. I finally bought a 10x10 canopy that day and it would have been worth it at triple the price. We rode for 5 hours in 95 degree heat with very high humidity. I seriously felt as if I were going to die when we were done. Just drink tons of water, thats all you can do if you have to be in the heat.

You can do it man bring/drink alot of water. I live in College Station (hour north of houston) and in the summer I drink 3L of water getting to lake summerville, stop at the corner store for another 7L of water (three in the camelback, 4 in the backpack), ride at the summerville offroad spot for a couple hours (ride for 20 min, lay around for 20 min) then fill up the camelback for the ride home. You still have a hell of a headache at the end of the day but a couple asprin and gobs of water and its cool.

I put 2.2 hrs on my sendec last saturday at ccmx - yes here in central texas - the key is to be hydrated well by friday, eat a good (read: not mcdonalds) breakfast, and keep the water flow and good nutrition going through the day. It's hot, for sure, but not too hot to ride by any means.

Here in Central Texas most of the riding I do is tight woods riding and when it's 100 - 103, you can start to boil over pretty quick even when you drink a lot of water. After a 30 minute ride, my face is beet red! I wonder having high blood pressure could be the issue, you reckon? ?

been 98-101° with 50-80% humidity here since July 1st..haven't missed a weekend of riding. We usually ride all afternoon into the evening. Lots of woods riding, very, very sticky. We drink lots of water during, lots of water after. Take breaks, ride with a friend..you'll find out who the die-hard motorcycle guys are!

last time i rode in the heat was 2 weeks ago... i felt good on the ride, but i was up at midnight throwing up my dinner. that's the last time i eat a big dinner after a ride in the heat. ?

i havent been keeping up with the temp closely, but i know it's been from 100 - 105 a good bit. the humidity around here is what really makes it hard to ride in though.

i'm not going to break it down to a certain state but i think the southeast definately has the hardest summer weather to deal with. It's hot and it feels like you're in a sauna all day. I've never lived in a dryer area but i've visisted and from what i can tell the 105+ with little humidity is much more bearable than 98 with high humidity. BTW south Georgia is about the asscrack-sweateness place ever.