Sign in to follow this  

Brakes

I changed my pads today, front with ebc pads and rear with stock honda pads. I went to test them out, and the rear is super touchy and very strong. The front is real weak though, and has almost no stopping power. Do they just need more time to break in, or are the ebc pads just not as good as the stock honda ones?

Try flushing new brake fluid through & bleeding them. Give the EBC brakes a few miles to brake in.

I was going to get stock for front and rear, but it came out to almost 90 bucks, and I didn't have enough money.

I have the EBC "S" pads on the front and rear of my bike no squeal and no fad. Both act very strong and work much better than the stockers I had on there....

I also replaced the rotors to wave rotors as well, with this combo for my riding style is perfect.

I was going to get stock for front and rear, but it came out to almost 90 bucks, and I didn't have enough money.

so why didnt u get stock front and EBC rear? at least then you can stop...btw nothing beats stock.

Still cost more than I had on me at the moment. If I had known how bad it would be, I woulda just held off and come back the next day with more money.

clean everything with brake cleaner, make sure the new pads seat a bit, and if the lever hit the throttle tube then bleed them

After riding for a while with them, they get the job done, but they leave a lot to be desired. I was out today riding, and one of our crew got stuck, but he was in the back and I was the only one that noticed so I stopped to help. My two other friends kept going, and so we got the guy in the back out and we went to catch up. I think everyone knows where this is going, but anyways the two friends up front had turned around and were heading back since they noticed we were missing. Coming down the trail in 4th, they are both coming at me. I hit both brakes, but those damn pads didn't have the power and so me and the oncoming kid both started to slide out and lay the bikes down, so we hit kinda sideways. Luckily I only got a bruised foot and a broken number plate, but if I had the stock pads on I think I could have stopped in time.