Just A Heads Up

Anyone who lives in the Norhtern CO area. I strongly suggest not doing business with Newman Motorsports. Mark doesn't stand behind any of the work he does and overcharges for his untimely labor. I've gone out of my way to give him every chance possible to redeem himseld and he continues to be rude and very unprofessional. Just a heads up to fellow TTers, hopefully this will keep someone from being swindled out of their hard earned money. Brad.

I appreciate the warning, but since there is such thing as an unreasonable customer

No there isn't.

You forget that the customer is always right. Even if a customer is a complete ass, they are the ones paying the dough and are entitled to "customer service"

After re-reading that comment, I can see that it is going to come across as arguementative, but it is true. If more businesses were customer service oriented, they would find that they can resolve close to 100% of their issues and still maintain a happy customer - even without fixing the problem.

Its not the fact that they wouldn't do or fix something, its how they handled the customer and the situation.

IMO - business have forgotten what customer service means these days - in all industries.

If more businesses were customer service oriented, they would find that they can resolve close to 100% of their issues and still maintain a happy customer - even without fixing the problem.

Dazzle them with BS? It's pretty hard to kiss a$$ and convincingly say "we're not going to stand behind our work" and have everyone be happy.

I don't believe the customer is always right. The customer can be right. There is a point where neither party is going to give, and that's where these things break down. Customers can have legitimate beef's with shops and shops can be subject to bizarre demands and expectations by customers. Shops are not always lily white and customers are capable of pulling some real cr^p. Horror stories abound.

I didn't want to get to in depth with the story because litigation may be involved. But basically I brought my 05 CRF250X to Newman with the notorious valve issue. He assured me he had a fix for the problem. He had the bike for 2 weeks longer than I was quoted and was a total pain in the a$$ to deal with the entire time. I paid him and got about 25 hours, with an hour meter on the bike until the thing crapped out again. This fix he supplied was supposed to be an upgrade over the stock parts and I got approx 70-100 hours out of the stock parts. I don't have a problem with the fact that he couldn't fix it. But the way he is dealing with the whole issue and the fact that he wont do anything to resolve it is what I have a problem with. I'm not trying to bash the guy just warning you fellow TTers to caution your self if you deal with this shop in the future. Brad.

You guys are right there are always two sides to every story, that's why I've tried to only state the facts. I paid for a stated service, it was not what was promised, the vendor shows no remorse or concern for righting the situation so I will do what I can to get my money back. Brad.

Where are they? Loveland, Fort Fun?

I have NEVER heard of these guys and I'm only about 2 miles from them. Is this an actual shop or is it some guys garage on his property? Did you have any reference of anyone else who has gone there?

They're in the white pages but not the yellow pages.

He's in North Loveland, it's a shop on the same property as his house. Yeah I had a reference from a Kawi guy, I guess Mark had a Kawi shop in Loveland years ago. He used Kibble White Black Diamond valves with corresponding springs. Brad.