Sign in to follow this  

any one racing this week end?

i saw there was a race at some track in lakeland this week end i am gonna go check it all out on sat and prob stay and race sunday. any one else going?

We're racing Saturday night at Bartow. If you get bored after riding at Lakeland, come over there. It's only about 25 minutes apart.

I think you'll love Lakeland. It's my favorite track in the area.

Sorry but DonO has to work Fri/Sat/Sun, frikkin' 15 hr days till testing is completed.

Have fun and be safe!

Don :thumbsup:

Sorry but DonO has to work Fri/Sat/Sun, frikkin' 15 hr days till testing is completed.

Have fun and be safe!

Don :thumbsup:

What kind of testing do you do?

We're racing Saturday night at Bartow. If you get bored after riding at Lakeland, come over there. It's only about 25 minutes apart.

I think you'll love Lakeland. It's my favorite track in the area.

wut kinda of track is bartow? wuts the dirt like and is it supercross'y or more MX style??

It's like Southwick, very sandy and can get pretty rough. Sometimes it's dry and powdery but once you get used to it, it's a fun place to ride. It's not very technical and is a pretty fast track, the back stretch is probably 500 yards long and I'm in 5th gear wo by the end. The 2 biggest jumps are a 60 foot double and a 75 foot triple. The jumps are more like MX than supercross. On my 250F you can ride many parts of the track in 4th gear and there's only one turn that I have to downshift to 2nd (I'm a "C" rider).

I've only been riding for about 10 months with my son and this is the place we learned at so it's like a home track, but I like Lakeland better.

i saw there was a race at some track in lakeland this week end i am gonna go check it all out on sat and prob stay and race sunday. any one else going?

I'm riding this Sat. Not sure if I'll be doing Bartow or QuickTrack yet though. Leaning towards QuickTrack (Lakeland) just because I really like that track and the staff is really cool.

Look for an 06 KX450F (#42) going REAL slow! :thumbsup:

yea i should be there sat morning RMZ250 #111 my names andrew if u see me b4 i see u feel free to come over and say hi.

wut was ur name?

yea i should be there sat morning RMZ250 #111 my names andrew if u see me b4 i see u feel free to come over and say hi.

wut was ur name?

Change of plans. Some guys from work wanted to hit Bartow so I'll be headed over there in the morning. I'm thinking that with all the rain we've had lately and that there is a race there tomorrow night, the track should be in real nice shape. Gates open at 9AM if your interested.

Oh, and my names Cali (or Cal for short). Hope to catch up with you sometime!

I should be at bartow somewhere around 10 a.m. or so, so If i see you I'll stop by and say hi. :thumbsup:

Hey Cal, I'll see you there if you're still there around noon.
I should be at bartow somewhere around 10 a.m. or so, so If i see you I'll stop by and say hi.

Yeah, we should still be there around then I'm guess. I'm gonna try to park down by the bleachers if I can. See ya both later!

BryanMX111,

Good luck over at QuickTrack, if you've never been, I'm sure you will find the track to be loads of fun and fairly challenging!

my weekend got funked it was such a rip off i didnt have 60 bucks to spend on two 10 min practices on sat forget that :thumbsup:

That happens at most tracks when they have a saturday practice before a sunday race. I only got to ride 3 times for 10 minutes each last sat. at waldo before our ftr race on sunday. Bartow should be good on Sunday cause a lot of people will be racing at QT.

Dan

We went to Bartow and got a few good mottos in but another bike problem with my son's bike left us leaving without racing. Cal/Justin good to see you guys there. lol, Cal can perform sign language while he crashes...true story :thumbsup:

We went to Bartow and got a few good mottos in but another bike problem with my son's bike left us leaving without racing. Cal/Justin good to see you guys there. lol, Cal can perform sign language while he crashes...true story :applause:

Definitely good to see ya again.

Yes, it is true, I routinely flip off.... er.... um.... sign language.... to my bike when it decides its had enough of me. :thumbsup::ride:

I was wondering if your boy raced or not. You sure were posting up early. I was figuring you'd still be at the track.

Definitely good to see ya again.

Yes, it is true, I routinely flip off.... er.... um.... sign language.... to my bike when it decides its had enough of me. :thumbsup::ride:

I was wondering if your boy raced or not. You sure were posting up early. I was figuring you'd still be at the track.

Yeah, that transmission problem I thought I had resolved came back after he went out for another motto. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

Hey, at least you're bike doesn't chase you after it bucks you like those 4 wheeled ones do!