Sign in to follow this  

pickin up 06?

Hey evryone i'm picking up my 06 tomorrow and i have a race on saturday could i just bring oil with me and break it in at practice?? or wat should i do? thanks

anthony

Depending on what you raced before, I would take it to a practice track and get familiar with it first. But if you wanted to race it that day I don't see why you couldn't.

I Was Told My My Dealer That Before I Went Out And Rode It Hard On A Brand New Bike I Should Take A Whole Tank Of Gas Worth Of Riding And No More Than Half Throttle Or I Could Cause Major Damage. Is That True Or Did I Just Get Hosed On Good Racing/riding Time.

You should run these bikes in hard anyway. Babying it won't do the motor any good. The piston rings need to seal properly and by doing an easy break in your not putting enough pressure on them to sela them very well. WARM THE BIKE UP in the pits!.

Then ride it like you would when riding it normally, no rev limter action obviously you shouldn't anyway. Your at a disadvantage anyway being wet built form the factory but otherwise judt ride it. Use it, but don't abuse it. My theory can be pretty much backed up by this website. Basically running your bike in what's considered "hard" compared to the conventional way of easy your bike will actually last longer, top end life valves etc, better compression, hardly any oil burning, judt a good running, slightly better performing bike than the ones run in easy.

Read that and do as it says...

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Have fun, congrats on your new bike :thumbsup: