Sign in to follow this  

please help

please dont bash on me cause im new to four stroke i just bought a new yzf 250 last week and i pops when i let go of the gas ever once and a while so i was told to turn the air fuel screw, but i can find the screw and i dont know which way to turn it, please help me with out the bashing thanks

Its running lean. The screw is on the carb somewhere. Sorry I don't know directly where but someone els that has the bike will be able to be more specific.

It's on the bottom of the carb. There's a hole and you use a little screwdriver to get to the fuel screw.. Turning it out makes the bike richer.

I have an extended fuel screw and it works good.

Bro...

No worries,,, everone here was a noob at some point,,, joshb is correct, the screw is on the bottom of the carb, in a recessed part of the float bowel. Sounds like yer a little rich, turn it clock - wise to lean it out.

Be carefull... Be Paitent,, do 1/4 a turn, try it out. If no cahnge do another turn,,, and so on.

Also, make sure the motor is warm.

Good luck

Look at the sticky in the jetting forum. Set your pilot & fuel screw accordingly. Problem will be fixed.

Enjoy the new bike.

If it 'pops' on decel, then you are lean...............not rich. Turn the screw out 1/2 turn at a time. If the 'pop' is severe, turn a full turn and see the effect that adjustment had. If you turn out more than 2 1/2 - 3 turns, go up in your pilot jet. :thumbsup:

A little popping on decel is a sign of a well-jetted pilot circuit. If it pops too much, you're lean.