Sign in to follow this  

07 450x is in

I'm sure others have seem them, but just in case, my local dealer has 07s in stock. Looks just like the 06 with BNG, I'm sure internally they are better. They have them at Sanders Motorlsports in Visalia CA 559 733 8585

Looks just like the 06 with BNG, I'm sure internally they are better.

From what I understand they are basically the same from 05-07

worthless.gif

Very good!!!! :ride:

How do you do that stuff??????????????? :thumbsup:

Honda admits to three new mods to CRF450X's in 2007:

New throttle. Dirt and water resistant... Gotta see this, nothings that good!

New acclerator plump and throttle linkage. A real attempt at a fix!

The rear chain guide is lighter. BFD!

How about getting the weight off the front wheel HONDA???

They've most likely fixed the tranny oil/cavity issue! Haven't check

the manual yet for recommeded tranny oil fill. But they got lots of bad press on the lugging and tranny problem so they made an attempt at lugging for sure. They wouldn't admit tranny issues or fixes! That would cause a ground swell of people demanding a recall or claim adjustment for crunched 05 and 06 trannies.

Better solution get a KTM525 and forget all these add-ons to fix Japanese dirt bike problems. Eventual cost ends up about the same! :thumbsup:

"Better solution get a KTM525 and forget all these add-ons to fix Japanese dirt bike problems. Eventual cost ends up about the same!"

Yeah right. You are living in fantasy land. All bikes have problems, all bikes need fine tuning.

Honda admits to three new mods to CRF450X's in 2007:

New throttle. Dirt and water resistant... Gotta see this, nothings that good!

New acclerator plump and throttle linkage. A real attempt at a fix!

The rear chain guide is lighter. BFD!

How about getting the weight off the front wheel HONDA???

They've most likely fixed the tranny oil/cavity issue! Haven't check

the manual yet for recommeded tranny oil fill. But they got lots of bad press on the lugging and tranny problem so they made an attempt at lugging for sure. They wouldn't admit tranny issues or fixes! That would cause a ground swell of people demanding a recall or claim adjustment for crunched 05 and 06 trannies.

Better solution get a KTM525 and forget all these add-ons to fix Japanese dirt bike problems. Eventual cost ends up about the same! :thumbsup:

Yeah we all know the wp suspension don't need help.. lol The suspension on ktm's need lots of help ad fine tuning too get anywhere close too a japs stock stuff ..

I ride a 450X with more good sh_t then you can imagine.

My son rides a 450X with even more good sh_t. We both rode

a KTM525 brand new stocker at Hungry Vallley. Our opinion is that you start

with a better bike before any mods with the KTM. I have been

riding desert since 1973 on almost every bike made since.

Started with a 1973 TM400K Suzuki Cyclone, you can't imagine the

problems it had. $6,000 in 1970's dollars later it was the King of the desert.

I know about motorcycle mods. The KTM is a better stock bike. Period! That comes from a 450X Red Rider. We didn't look at KTM's when we bought

a pair of 05 450X's. It pays to look and ride everything before making a

decision that will keep you happy.

The 450X has too much front wheel weight, potential tranny problems,

valve issues because of CHEAP valve springs and the wrong front tire

of choice, the rims are weak and heavy and the sucker lugs in the corners.

Not too impressive for a bike at $7200 sticker price. Just keep shimming them valves! What a cop out by Honda when they should be designing and testing

valve springs. There's no excuse because Kawasaki has, their 2007 ugly green KXF450 beast has dual high performance valve springs and they can give you test data.

KTM's are great bikes just over priced... i've been on them for the last 3 years and spent half of yesterday on an '06 525...

the main reason i say they are overpriced is because - you pay a premium for an outdated carb, single chamber forks, linkless rear suspension and an old design engine that uses roller rockers. Still they are a very nice bike but i'd never ride one without suspension work and a steering damper (even more $$$'s on top of a premium price).

The jap 450's on the other hand don't really NEED a steering damper or suspension work as much.. but dont feel as small and nimble as the KTM ...

Unfortunately the '06 525 is now up for sale as I let the owner ride my crf250r and he's decided to leave ktm and go red as i did :thumbsup:

The 450x will be a much better bike once they migrate it to the latest generation alloy frame that the 450R has.

With you all the way Skulavik6151

Was guna trade in the old XR400 for a new 08 450x til I rode a KTM525!!! Wouldnt go back!! lighter, more torque over a wider range, better suspension, 160kph off the shop floor, lift the front wheel in all gears.....can go on and on, just doesnt compare to red. even gave a guy who had a demo 08 450r a ride and he was more impressed....Go Orange

I'm with you guys the KTM bikes are the best around, well to tow back because they break down all the time.

ktm2qf4.jpg

S5000984.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=6072&d=1193160581

KTMTOW.jpg

Can I please get some help with my KTM?

KraussUweArgentinien061215.jpg

Here's a good vid of a KTM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnA7woqqtAk

HELL SINCE BOTH BIKES SUCK I'M GOING TO GET ONE OF THOSE NICE CHINA QUADS I HAVE BEEN SEEING.

Ragging on the 450X in the 450X forum and dragging out a year and half old post to do it...:cool:

its funny how much time these ktm riders spend hating on other brands. They must have something to prove to us in the 450x forum or something? Is it just me or does it seem like the majority of guys that have ktm's act like they are more elite or better than someone who has a different brand than ktm? Thats just retarted, why dont you get out there and ride you bench racers!

I dont think it matters what bike you have, its all about having fun and getting out there and putting in time on the seat NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF BIKE YOU RIDE!

It's not the bike you ride but how you ride the bike that matters....just my .02

its funny how much time these ktm riders spend hating on other brands. They must have something to prove to us in the 450x forum or something? Is it just me or does it seem like the majority of guys that have ktm's act like they are more elite or better than someone who has a different brand than ktm? Thats just retarted, why dont you get out there and ride you bench racers!

I dont think it matters what bike you have, its all about having fun and getting out there and putting in time on the seat NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF BIKE YOU RIDE!

:cool::applause:

The KTM is a better stock bike. Period! That comes from a 450X Red Rider. We didn't look at KTM's when we bought a pair of 05 450X's. It pays to look and ride everything before making a decision that will keep you happy.

Oh lordy who pissed in this guys Cheerios? Someone fess up LOL.....:cool:

Well in defense of my Honda, I've owned 3 different KTM's I didn't just ride one on a weekend trip.......I will NEVER own another orange pogo stick again PERIOD! (as you say) :busted:

So sell your Honda and go buy as you call it the "better bike" and get on over to the forum you support jock strap......:applause: