Best 125 2 stroke for trails.

Whats the best 125 two stroke for off road riding? I'm really thinking I'll get a KDX but what if I wanted to get a 125 2 smoke? I have $2100 for the bike and any mods it would need. I ride woods so a FWW would be a necesary mod right? Also I'm 5' 6" and would like to be able to tip toe at least. Also any suggestion besides the KDX or 125 is welcome.

I would go with a KDX. If you are going to be riding woods, you cant compare the two bikes. The KDX is affordable, and its already set up for woods. If you got a 125, you'd pay probably the same amount as a KDX, but have to put a lot more money into it to make it a comparable bike.

my cousin rides a 2001 yz125 bone stock except for the silencer (just got one for spar arrestor) but you could get a sparky or what ever its called but we only trail ride seriously about 2 weeks out of the year rest is messing around in a field and tracks

Since you are looking used, why not consider a 250 two stroke. It will have all the plusses of a 125 plus it will have some torque on the bottom end of the power band. I just bought an 06 yz 250 a week ago and I could not be happier. In the 2k price range you should be able to find an 00-03 bike that is in good shape too.

Any unmodified two stroke 125 you buy will have to be rode wide open or it will not run right! I love riding 125s, but they are not something you would want to get for trails...

KDX is the way to go dude!!! Make sure it has been taken care of though!!!

Dude,

If you're a rookie coming off a TTR125, then you don't want a 2 smoke 125. They are race machines, not trail machines. The powerband is very narrow, so you must ride it "up on the pipe" (high revs) and shift often. This would be a bad choice for most rookies who want to ride trails. The KDX would be a better choice. Maybe even a TTR 230 or DRZ 250 or Honda XR250.

One of my good friends did this...came off a TTR-125 and jumped up to a KDX....HUGE MISTAKE. He cant ride for shit....constantly falling...cant handle the power....always loops it by accident.

Work your way up....dont just jump into it...I went from a CRF 230 to a KDX 200 and it was a fairly big jump, but i can handle it fine...I actually love it...not worrying about not having the power...so on and so forth for some of the big stuff around here.

My friend rides a KX125 in the woods with us...hes a good rider...but its so tough to ride a 125 in the woods...As others have said...that powerband is so narrow to get power out...

My suggestion is buy a 230 or a 250 trail bike...used....then when u feel like moving up...probably in about 1 -1 1/2 so you can FULLY master the bike, you can go buy a KDX if you want to keep pursuing trail riding.

One of my good friends did this...came off a TTR-125 and jumped up to a KDX....HUGE MISTAKE. He cant ride for shit....constantly falling...cant handle the power....always loops it by accident.

Work your way up....dont just jump into it...I went from a CRF 230 to a KDX 200 and it was a fairly big jump, but i can handle it fine...I actually love it...not worrying about not having the power...so on and so forth for some of the big stuff around here.

My friend rides a KX125 in the woods with us...hes a good rider...but its so tough to ride a 125 in the woods...As others have said...that powerband is so narrow to get power out...

My suggestion is buy a 230 or a 250 trail bike...used....then when u feel like moving up...probably in about 1 -1 1/2 so you can FULLY master the bike, you can go buy a KDX if you want to keep pursuing trail riding.

that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. I jumped from a ttr125le to a wr450f and no problems.

Dude,

If you're a rookie coming off a TTR125, then you don't want a 2 smoke 125. They are race machines, not trail machines. The powerband is very narrow, so you must ride it "up on the pipe" (high revs) and shift often. This would be a bad choice for most rookies who want to ride trails. The KDX would be a better choice. Maybe even a TTR 230 or DRZ 250 or Honda XR250.

I agree, they sure are a blast to ride though!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA all day long!!! And they suck the fuel down too! I want one of them 07!!! My son rides a 2005 TTR125LE, the suspension sucks!!! When he hits whoops, it is like a kid jumping on a water bed. ?

that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. I jumped from a ttr125le to a wr450f and no problems.

Thats a 4-stroke for starters...a 2-stroke is much harder to ride.

Ive ridden 450's and a friends dad has a 650....they arent as wild as a 2-stroke is.

If you dont have the experience in clutch control, braking, throttle control...so on...itll be a very rough time for you.

YOu are right though...not everyone is alike...but in about everyone ive ever seen...that kind of a jump is never very good.