Sign in to follow this  

Pitster Engine Question

Hey All

I have had my Pitster Pro 125x for a couple of months now and I am very happy with it. I do however have a strange problem which occurs after I have been riding for a while. The bike will start to splutter and just cuts out. Once it has quit running I can start it again and it will run perfectly again. It is not a big deal when I am free riding but it can be annoying when I am in the middle of a race.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Make sure the gas cap vent hose isn't blocked or clogged, same goes for the carb vent lines. Also make sure there is no dirt or crap swirling around in the gas tank, by the petcock screen.

You might want to check the head bolts and torque them. I've heard of them trying to suck air and acting just like you've described. Runs fine when it is first fired up, then it warms up and starts sputtering and then dies. Just a thought.

Hello I had the same thing happen to me but my happened like the first week of riding and then eventually it wouldnt start at all but i sent my motor in about 5 weeks ago and i still havent got it and im waiting around bored with nothing to ride. I even checked the card, plug, hoses, wires, ect. and it was all fine.

Your carb float could be too low

Mine sputters to, but only through the whoops and then it dies as I go up the face of a table top.

Have the TB rev box installed and needed to raise the needle a notch (now maxed out) and it runs great... until the whoops.

I was told to go richer on the main now (95 is stock on the X2R).

I am wondering if the floats are low and it's to lean? How can I adjust the floats without buggering it up?

Looked at that when I checked the mainjet and I wasn't about to finger poke without being sure first.

Hey thanks for all the advice. Something that I have noticed is that the pressure was building up in the petrol tank due to it not been able to breathe. I have since fixed the problem and never had the same problem again... touch wood.

Yeah you know!!!You got like 3 or 4 different answers,who was right?Tell me so I know who it is that knows what there talking about!!!

I fixed my problem to.. I had the EXACT same problem as you. I even swapped out the carb, didn't really help.

Finally, a blue wire with a white tracer came unplugged (bullet connections). It must of been loose before to cause the issue, once I plugged it back in securely the bike ran great for the rest of the day!?

Time to remove the tank/seat and double check the wiring and make sure everything is good and tight. Luckily on these little bikes there isn't much for wiring, so it won't take long.

A better plug wire would help to I'm sure.