Sign in to follow this  

Fuel problem...need advice please

It's been a while since I posted last, but I have a little problem maybe you guys could help me with. My I had a 94 KTM 250EXC, It ran great, never had a problem with it, started 2nd kick every time, I sold it to a friend, he rode it maybe 3 or 4 times, and bought a duel sport, so he sold the bike to another friend of ours. Now for some reason every time you try to start the bike it's flooded, we have to change the plug and hold W.O.T. for it to start, when its running, at low rpm's, kinda bogs out some, at higher rpm's, runs great. I know it's getting too much fuel, what I don't know is why, floats seem to be OK, jetting was never touched, it just started doing this one day. Anyone have any ideas, or ever had this happen to them, Thank you in advance for any help.

Sounds like the float level might be way off (or maybe the float needle is fouled). When the float level on my 250 was off it would foul the plug first start attempt of the day every time. I'd drain the float bowl, put in a new plug, and all was fine until the next day. Since I adjusted the float level I have not had a single problem, or not a single fouled plug. :thumbsup: