Sign in to follow this  

DRZ S Owners Running Aftermarket Plastic

If you have installed aftermarket plastic by UFO or Acerbis on your S, what specific modifications (if any) did you have to make for it to fit properly? :thumbsup:

All of the plastics from these manufacturers list to fit the DRZ400 (kicker), which is the same as the DRZE, but not the DRZ S.

Also, to get this done, it will have to be a group buy of at least 100 kits (we'll not be selling individual pieces initially). That said, a few other questions:

1. Does the kit need to include the headlight shroud plastic? Most kits include the fenders, side panels & rad shrouds.

2. If a headlight shroud is desired, is it all white, like the stock side panels? Or, is it blue with the white sticker?

We'll all the kits need to be the same, so we'll not be doing some with white side panels and some with blue.

With the Acerbis plastic on the 'S' everything bolts up fairly well except for the rear fender. I had a good amount of trimming to do to get it to fit.

The rear fender comes with four tabs to mount it and the 'S' model only uses two of them. There are also some triangle shaped pieces to remove on both sides of the rear fender to get it to fit around the sub-frame. All in all it took about 20 minutes to get everything to fit with a Roto-Zip bit in my drill.

Is this in regards to the mysterious blue aftermarket we keep hoping for? :thumbsup:

Bryan,

For me personally, I'd like everything blue including the headlight cover. :thumbsup::ride: I'm not sure i'll be getting a kit since I recently went green/black, but I am sure you'll sell out of 100 kits in less than a week!!

Hi Bryan I just installed some black acerbis side panels on my 2006S and they fit very well but if you want to use the seat strap they would need trimming.

If you get a line on blue side panels I'll be after a set I would like blue every thing. :thumbsup: BTW I did add some heat shield to the exhaust side because it would destroy it to remove it from the original white panel.

i would prefer the headlight cover included, and the same color.

and i agree the trimming of the acerbis rear fender is a pain, but its not too tough.

any idea of the price of the kit with a headlight cover cover?

Hmmm. That might might kill the headlight shroud as part of the kit...

Naw, we all want the later larger shroud. :thumbsup:

Does the headlight shroud just look different or will it not fit? If no one knows I can try tomorrow, I have an 00 and access to an 04, I can swap them and see.

I installed UFO front & rear fenders. Front no problems, rear had to do some trimming around the side where they mate with the sub frame. No biggie.

Bryan don't think it's been answered yet the 2006S headlight shroud is blue with a white sticker on it.

I have a Blue 05 S with white Headlight shroud and side plates.

I would definately by at least 1 complete set, Front fender, Rear fender, side plates, Rad shrouds, and Headlight. I NEED the headlight & Rad shrouds and side covers now, might as well get fenders too.

Looking at all the plastics threads, you will have a rush on the blue side plates.

Another thread discribes how to get the white sticker off the 06 headlight shroud which is blue. If it was not included, that's what I would do.

I switched the headlight shrouds around today. It will work either way, old on new, new on old. Switching one of them was just a little snug, but still was no problem (I forget which, I think new style on '00 bike). The new one is larger though, I like the looks of the smaller old style myself.

You can buy the new style in blue from Suzuki, so I would like the old style in blue. :thumbsup:

I have an 02, I WILL buy a set as soon as I can.....

My vote, standard aftermarket set, fenders, shrouds and sidepanels.. I'd prefer a set without the headlight...

I’ll take a set, with the new style blue headlight shroud, no sticker.

Also Bryan would it be asking to much if they could make a BLUE RM250 FRONT FENDER for the kit??? :thumbsup:

I just want to formally apologize for the above comment. Bryan, I LOVE ThumperTalk! All the same, I couldn't resist. I guess 10guy's signature is right after all.