Sign in to follow this  

Dakar Team Website

I cross posted this thread here and in the KTM 525 section. I thought both areas might find some interest in it. If inappropriate please delete.

I have posted a little bit on this forum about this project but now we can tell you a lot more of the story.

We are a grassroots group from the midwest who has put together a program for this coming years Dakar Rallye. Our entry is secured and the bike is undergoing constant transformation as we trudge our way to Portugal.

If you are interested in what it takes from a technical, logistical and mechcanical standpoint just to get to the starting line. Or at least what it takes for the first 7 1/2 months worth of work. Please visit us at

Heartland-Dakar 07

We invite you to ask questions, and be as involved and supportive as you would like to be. We are a regular group of guys pulling off a privateer run at the most difficult rallye on the planet. Come ride with us if you are in the area of one of our tests or presentations. They will be posted in the "where are we now" section.

The website is brand new so have some please have some patience with us. Building the bike, taking care of fundraising (we can always use more) and getting all our logistics taken care of is hard enough.

We will be providing frequent updates on the technical as well as the testing side.

Lets hear it for the privateers!!! Feel free to join us. :thumbsup:

Tim

w00t! Dakar bound! I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, and seeing you finish *positive vibes man*

Go for it! I truly wish you the best of luck on finishing and know you will have a blast.