Sign in to follow this  

how much is a 2003 E worth??

I'm looking at a 2003 DRZ400e model (dirt only electric start but has baja designs kit so it is street legal) Its in really nice shape...about 900 miles....KBB says its worth roughly $3,100 retail ...(taking into account sales commissions, cost to advertise bike etc)

This is a private seller....he wants 3500 obo....what would you say the bike is worth???

I got my stock 02 E model for $2900 in February. Baja Kit was already installed but it was stock otherwise, had decent tires and was cosmetically pretty clean. He was originally asking around $3400. I believe I'm the third owner now. Point of reference for you, good luck, you'll love it.

I'm looking at a 2003 DRZ400e model (dirt only electric start but has baja designs kit so it is street legal) Its in really nice shape...about 900 miles....KBB says its worth roughly $3,100 retail ...(taking into account sales commissions, cost to advertise bike etc)

This is a private seller....he wants 3500 obo....what would you say the bike is worth???

is that Can. $$ or U.S. $$?

sounds like good deal to me, offer like $3000 US$$ and see what he says. :thumbsup:

$3,500 obo means he wants 3k for the bike. Offer $2,800. He'll counter with some # between 3k-3500 (doesn't matter) then just say you only have $2,900 cash max, that is all you have with you. (if you bring a friend, ask him to borrow $100 (small bills look good) of his cash to come up with $2,900 to convince the seller $2,800 is all you had) If they decline walk away. It will be hard for a seller to see $2,900 in cash walk away if they are wanting at least 3k-3,200 for the bike.

If you remember your business classes in college, a "market" price is set at a price someone is willing to pay for an product or service, NOT what the sales price is OR what the seller wants for the item. "fair" price is a price the seller is quilting you into spending, may be the same as market price may be more. ONLY people paying for products and services set market prices not the seller. Sellers set Retail and Suggested prices. You'll have to do your homework first though. What is the DRZ used bike market for both parties? If there are used DRZ's advertised regularly in your area then you have the upper hand. If not, then supply is tight and you may have to make a decision to move your offer up.

All of this is just my opinion and is only offered as a point of view to help.

Good luck and tell us how it goes... :thumbsup:

not a whole lotta supply of DRZ's over here....i dont need the bike....if i did wouldnt be putting so much thought into this....my problem is i have too many bikes....i've got a 92 RMX250 thats been sitting for a few years....a 97 RMX250 that i love that i've been riding...a dr650 for the street and a crotch rocket ...(oh yah forgot...yz426 for the track too)...BUT.....the drz would solve a lot of problems....the dr650 is a ton of fun but not very dirtworthy....the rmx ...man i so love that bike...but its not streetlegal....and having something with a streetplate would open up a lot of places for me to ride that i can't do legally with the rmx....so anyways...guess i'm just a crybaby cuz i wasnt planning on this bike popping up in front of me and having to sell a bike or two after i buy this one....

I just bought a like new 2002 E model for $3000. All stock, and literally like new, maybe 10 hours of easy dirt road riding. 3k'ish for a well kept 2003 seem fair to me.