Sign in to follow this  

KLX125 mods?

ok i might be undergoing a project and i would just like to know a few things if i do go through with this. Ok my friend has a KX85/100{ we cant figure out which one it is or the yearof it} and it has every thing on it except the motor and i was wondering if the i could use the forks and the rear disc setup off of it? And does it matter what yea the forks are? like do they have to be a certain yea to fit a 2004 klx125l

umm im not too sure, but if i were u i would see if the klx 125 motor would fit into the kx's frame, also measure the diameter of the forks and see if they're the same. Hope this helps, also try looking into the drz 125 forums the klx and drz are the same bikes.

Definitely check out the Suzuki DRZ forum. Lots of info on this subject there.

Need to know the year of the KX in question to know for sure.

But KX100 98-06 forks will bolt on if you use the KX100 triple clamps. You'll also need the KX100 front wheel and complete brake system as the hubs are not the same on these bikes.

One thing about the KX forks. They are longer than the KLX forks so my experience and that of at least one other here is that the KLX will be "Chopper-like" with the clamps at the top of the forks. But you can bring the front end down a bit by sliding the forks up a bit in the clamps. Mine are up maybe 3/4's of an inch. No fender rub issue... yet. One report of that rub happening.. (fender meets tire on landing) but that was with forks slid up about an inch I think. Check that forum for the info.

The rears do not bolt on but I'm not quite sure what you're planning on doing on the rear.

Pics of my bike in my garage.