Sign in to follow this  

Swapping fork springs, same oil weith and quantity?

I had made a bunch of posts about my feeling like I was pushing the weight limit of my 05 250R. Im at 200# with all my gear on and I can kind of tell it affects the suspension - dont launch as high as others, have trouble with making doubles others make fine on my bike. Anyway, Rapture and a few in the suspension forum convinced me to put the stock 450 springs (front and back) on my 250. I am doing so.

With that logic, just to get a little more spring tension to accomodate my wieght, would I probably keep the same weight oil in it as stock (10W)? All things assumed to kept equal except the actual springs themselves, seems reasonable to at least start with 250 stock weight oil.

yeah just use stock weight and amount,

you might have to adjust your reboud clickers as since the spring has more tention then stock

ya my buddy wiley fullmer, i ono if u heard of him, he rides pro in freestyle, on metzgers team, he said messing with ur clickers, makes the biggest difference. try that.

ya my buddy wiley fullmer, i ono if u heard of him, he rides pro in freestyle, on metzgers team, he said messing with ur clickers, makes the biggest difference. try that.

:thumbsup: uh, yea. :ride:

Are you talkin on the stock 250s? I already messed with them, not much help.

put in 375 cm3 oil in the forks and you will be happy

How many ounzes in 375 cm3 of oil? :thumbsup: And is this based on experience putting 450 springs in a 250? Thanks!

I am at 200 also put the 450 springs you will be very happy.I have them on mine and is perfect.And yes keep stock oil hight and start with stock settings and go from there.

Are you talkin on the stock 250s? I already messed with them, not much help.

you gotta really mess with them. 375 cm3 of oil is about 13 oz... trust me with this

yeah just use stock weight and amount,

you might have to adjust your reboud clickers as since the spring has more tention then stock

Likely to be a softening or hardening?

try this.

go 15 on compression and rebound on the forks

try 2 turns out on high speed and 10 on low speed. set your rebound at 12 or 13.

set your sag at 100mm

that should be a good start

try this.

go 15 on compression and rebound on the forks

try 2 turns out on high speed and 10 on low speed. set your rebound at 12 or 13.

set your sag at 100mm

that should be a good start

Thanks!

For the rear, I just spun the adjusting nut down to the same location it was on the stock shock spring. I guess since my tension is now higher, to get 100mm sag Im going to have to tighten her down more.... how many inches in 100 mm sag anyway :thumbsup:

Todd

I am 185 and am thinking about going stiffer on the springs as well. I had them revalved by FC but the front end is harsh in the chatter.

My point is that for your weight and even mine it would seem like MXAs advice would be logical. Go one up on the springs to resist bottomoing and adjust oil height. They said 10cc lower for the chop but maybe stock height for your weight. They are easy to swap out. I'll get that lever in the mail Mon. :thumbsup: