Sign in to follow this  

Kx 250 Price?

I am in the market for buying a kx 250. What is a good price for an 03, 04 in your opinion? Just wondering....Thanks :thumbsup:

i bet if you looked for a little while an '03 - '04 KX 250 could be had for around $2500. all they way up to around $3500, depending on how many "goodies" are on it! :thumbsup: so basically, about a $3000 average i'd say.

I would say $3000 is a good average. I would get an 04 over an 03 though. It's just a better bike overall. A rule of thumb to go by, 04 for the woods and, 05 and newer for MX. The 04 will work for MX but it takes a few bucks to get the engine up to 05 and newer standards. In the woods or trails, the 04 engine needs almost nothing.

Go for a 05 or newer. They have better engines for that sort of work. Add a V-Force reed valve and a FMF SST pipe and you will have your high reving dune monster.

Go for a 05 or newer. They have better engines for that sort of work. Add a V-Force reed valve and a FMF SST pipe and you will have your high reving dune monster.

The SST pipe sucks

It's good for wide open throttle like on the dunes. I'd never use it anywhere else though.

i would say for a used one and maby some goodies 2000-3000

I have an 04 KX250 that I'm going to advertise this weekend for 3000.00.

It has 45 springs up front and a Vforce otherwise all stock,never raced and hardly used.Excellant condition.The engine on this bike runs perfect and I've never had to change jets even with the Vforce.I will send you some fresh pictures taken today if you would like.Need to help pay for my new 07.

I'm in Ca. but I will meet you half way if your ready to buy.

Mike C

xr158main@msn.com

If yer gonna race, you might wanna get an '06 - '07...it's kinda nice gettin' that Master Card from Kawasaki.

Their Contingency program is the BEST!

if you can i would get an 05. the engine was tweaked and produced an awesome old school powerband. i know la-motorsports has got them... i think.... in the high 4000...so if you look hard enough maybe you could find a steal in the high 3000! ...just a thought.

An 06 would be a much better choice than the 05, which is a first year engine that had a few small issues. A kick start lever that would break off comes to mind as well as a few head gasket leaks, (more like weeps than a leak). The 06's are a nicer bike as well as an unchanged 07.