Sign in to follow this  

New to KTM getting 07 250sxf

Well hi guys, going to be proud new owner of a KTM. Just put deposit on a 07 250sxf, will pick it up next weekend, cant wait !! :ride:

So i just thought I would say hi, I'm not new to thumper talk, so I will be spending my time here. Started out with the drz then 2 wr's and now KTM.

Anyone that has the 07 250sxf, i would love to hear about it, just to keep me occupied until I get mine, I have read the one ride report but I'm just not getting enough.. :applause:

I'm selling my like new WR450 that i have only got 100 miles or so on to get the KTM because my son is going to start racing MX and there is no way I will be able to sit and watch (having raced for many years in the past). We went to look at the KTM 65 for him and well....you know the rest :thumbsup: see ya out there

Just got mine and haven't ridden it yet. I will be glued to all sxf threads like a crack head to his pipe.

the thing will feel like a mountain bike compared with your WR450 - you are going to love that!

So , I'm still jonesin for a good ride report...821, ride it yet, what do you think? the more i read the happier i am with my decision. I havent even sat on one yet, I'm sure it will feel great.

Thanks for the replys guys, hope to get more

Rode it yesterday. Love everything about it except the rear spring which is too soft for my 190lbs. I went into my purchase blind hoping the bike would be good. No regrets at all.

It starts easy, turns awesome and is very stable at speed. I was holding my own on a barely broke in bike against an 06 450 sx and the cr250 was somewhere behind us. I will be doing more off road than track in the future, however I am waiting for pro moto billet to come out with their end cap. It had me worried before I rode it that the power would be too weak (never owned a 250f). No worries there, this bike will scream. And it can be lugged through the gears too, with a slight tickle of the clutch to perk it up.

You will love it!

Thanks For the report, I'm still waiting, only one week left to go. Labor day weekend I'm headin out with the trailer, pick her up and ride all weekend in the nevada desert... I'm sure it will be broken in by the time i make it home, if i make it home.... :thumbsup:

So what you pay OTD for the bike. I gotta admit is is a beatiful bike.

Erik

It Looks like I will get it for 66 otd, From calling around, which i did, without having to go to far, thats the best i found.

It Looks like I will get it for 66 otd, From calling around, which i did, without having to go to far, thats the best i found.

If you haven't already, call All American KTM in Ramona CA. Ask to speak to David Charette. Tell him Mike Emerson sent you because he can beat almost any deal.... then tell him what you got. No promises, but its worth a shot. :thumbsup:

Hey Thanks man, I will do that, I just hope they have one, Because I hate waiting :thumbsup:

Hey Thanks man, I will do that, I just hope they have one, Because I hate waiting

they have a couple of them, I was just up there 2 days ago. :thumbsup:

Paid 6600 otd for mine as well. I was quoted 7600 otd by another shop.

Hey Thanks man, I will do that, I just hope they have one, Because I hate waiting :ride:

Well??? Did you call him? Did ya get it ... huh huh? Inquiring minds want to know. :thumbsup:

hey man...i picked mine up yesterday... i absolutely love it. I was at southwick racing and i broke it and in and then let her cool down and then went out there and gave her hell and the bike is great...it pulls so hard and corners like a dream. i weigh about 130 and the suspension is stiff but for being stock its great...u'll love the bike for sure. coming off a ktm 125sx to this its so nice...it feels lighter than my 125 did. after only riding it for the break.... i went out and won my regular moto..the bike is sweet. u'll have fun on it.

anthony#201

Well I didnt call him because its pretty far from where i am, (sacramento) the deal im working now is in reno which is much closer... thanks for the tip tho, i am going to reno on saturday to pick it up along with one for my son, a 65, this way we can spend the weekend out in the desert breaking them in and testing them out. Its going to take a bit of riding for me not having done mx on a bike for quite a while, I went out on a track on my wr450 this weekend and felt a bit out of place, Funny what time can do to you, I have been riding a lot of trail stuff and do pretty darn good at that if i do say so but the track is a different deal for sure. I have also been riding a lot of sand with the family on quads. Coming off a Quad racing carrer since 1986 (mx201 I Started when i lived in mass at southwick 338) I still can and did tear up the track on my quad doubles and all. By the end of the day I was feeling better on the bike, so I just need to spend more time on one, with the new 250 Im sure i will. And my son is going to be riding a clutch bike for the first time, coming off a xr 50. So a weekend out riding is going to do us both good.

Is that through munn? Thats what they quoted me. I found a dealership in San Diego that is going to have it shipped to my door for $6150. At that rate though I'd pay the extra $50 to have a relationship with your local dealer.