Sign in to follow this  

MAX Power 277 Ice Cube

Is anyone running this setup? If so, let me (us) know what you think. I've read the reviews on the Vortex/Athena/Thumper Racing etc. Also, is this kit a bolt on? It says on the website that you need to send in the engine. I assume that this is a typo. I may call them tomorrow to confirm.

Science,

I don't run the big bore kits you are inquiring about, but yes they are bolt on kits. Check with RPM, Rick's a really smart guy with lots of scoop. He used to post on here a WHOLE bunch of info regarding the various kits' information, but there might have been some anti-spam rules about what he said, so I'm not sure if those threads are still there. Good luck with it.

The Stealth 266 and Ice Cube 276 big bore kits are bolt on options

The Stealth 277 and Ice Cube 315 big bore kit are not a bolt on option. It comes with a bored cylinder and a crankshaft. You will need to split the case to install. Read "Engine Modifications Included" on MaxPower Page.

I have it and love it! The bike has so much more bottom and mid and it still revs as much as the stock bore did! I put it on a 2004 yz for enduro riding. I'm a 200lb A rider. I had a 50 tooth on for woods riding and left it there for the big bore kit and it rips. The only other motor mod's i've done are a leo vince pipe and jetting. I keep switiching between the leo and oem. The leo definitly ups the power but I got so much with the big bore and leaving the gearing that I can go back to the stock pipe with no major loss of power and enjoy the quieter muffler.

Installation was a breeze. Oh and one important thing I did was heavier clutch springs. I used cannon race craft springs from this website. The clutch has lasted perfectly since february and I beat it worse than my dog or wife! We've had some really hot weather and some really gnarly enduro's this year. It hasn't overheated any worse than the oem and when it does if im stuck on a hill or something. As soon as I get the bike moving again it stops blowing anitifreeze. I got mine for 300 from ebay but after having it i would def spend 1k on it.

BFS