Sign in to follow this  

HELP WITH clutch PROBLEMS

I was on the MX track with my cr125 the other day and my clutch was slipping a little when I was in 3rd gear, it would shift into another gear with out me touching anything. What is wrong? Do I need a clutch plates? Springs? Basket? If so what brand and prices would help....

If it's actually shifting into another gear, the problem is in the transmission. Possibly a worn or damaged shift fork or the shift drum.

If the clucth is slipping, then it's either worn out or not adjusted properly.

the clutch is real easy to check. you don't even need to buy any gaskets. pull it out and measure the plates and spring free lengthes.

it's most likely not your problem though, but you should do that as regular maintenace anyways.

as for your involentary shifting.

i suspect the shift fork, since the bike isn't very old. plus i see a lot of folks use their heels to shift into first gear. that will bend the fork.

so i recommend checking your shift fork. it is also an easy thing to check. should cost you one gasket.

and do yourself a favor and buy a shop manuel. (the factory honda one)

If your fiber plates look good, then the clutch part of your problem is your clutch springs. Most springs are made of steel that is only good at high stress up to 250 degrees. I have seen 500 on the basket and 1000 on the steel plates.

look for springs that use different wire than the stock springs.