Sign in to follow this  

Help Please

I need some one to smack me. :ride: I am thinking of buying a KTM for my next bike as a spare/race bike. Please set me strait. :thumbsup:

Does your sanctioning body use transponders or visual scoring? If it isn't done electronically, that's reason enough not to buy a KTM. They've gone from numberplates so tiny you have to run pee wee numbers, to hiding the number behind your leg. My wife does a fair bit of lap scoring at the races. Trust me, in a close call, the guy with the better, more visible numbers comes out ahead most of the time.

All you dorks with chrome numbers or goobers with 3 digit pee wee numbers on full sized bikes should take that to hear, too. Numbers are for getting scored. Period. Make them as big, bold, and easy to read as possible.

yes i know but spare parts are cheaper. :applause:

Quality is #1 you don't get anywhere buying cheap it doesn't matter what it might be in the long run you will PAY.Have you priced a KTM lately or there parts.A KTM as a spare bike is :thumbsup: you either ride a KTM or you don't. :ride:

We do use transponders. And the numbers don’t really matter. I was looking at how the motor holds up. I cannot afford to keep rebuilding my engine every 6 months. It is getting bad. I can do the suspension but to drop $800 every 6 months sucks. I would rather spend the money on entry fees or going to out of state races. :thumbsup:

Check the prices on a few basic OEM parts for the KTM, if the prices are anything like they were for my son's 65SX, that should cure you of wanting an orange bike real quick.

Check the prices on a few basic OEM parts for the KTM, if the prices are anything like they were for my son's 65SX, that should cure you of wanting an orange bike real quick.

exactly. we had the 65 and a 50. freakin $300 dollars for an OEM clutch for the 50!!!!! :thumbsup:

I need some one to smack me. :ride: I am thinking of buying a KTM for my next bike as a spare/race bike. Please set me strait. :thumbsup:

consider yourself SMACKED!!! your not going to do it, if you were you sure wouldn't have told the "honda guys" beforehand :applause:

consider yourself SMACKED!!! your not going to do it, if you were you sure wouldn't have told the "honda guys" beforehand :ride:

I told you guys about the Yamaha before I got it. I didn't ask you to smack me though. :thumbsup:

consider yourself SMACKED!!! your not going to do it, if you were you sure wouldn't have told the "honda guys" beforehand :ride:

Thank you. I have looked at the KRM parts and the Honda is not too bad. I will stay. Thank you. :thumbsup:

I told you guys about the Yamaha before I got it. I didn't ask you to smack me though. :ride:

yes you did tell us. but i don't remember anyone accusing you of having good sense :applause::applause::applause:

just joshing;Josh :thumbsup:

I got to ride a KTM yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Those things suck. there is no power. I felt like I got on an 80. I killed the clutch trying to keep a decent pace. I will gladly spend the money on motor rebuilds now. :thumbsup:

I told you guys about the Yamaha before I got it. I didn't ask you to smack me though. :thumbsup:

Dude you gotta change your avatar back, it looks like you're still pissed.. :ride: