Sign in to follow this  

R cam in the X

Anybody running an R cam in their X? How do you like it. Was there any issues with the with valve adjustment?

i plan on doing it when i get some cash. I will run both cams. I guess you get more top end out of the r cam and the heavier stock flywheel weight of the x makes it better thne the r on the trails even though after chaging the cam you basically have an r. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the fact that my x is faster then my friends r's

to answer your question, i would think there wouldnt be any becasue they are basically the same motor and tdc with the valves closed is tdc with the valves close. Its a duration thing with the different cams

to answer your question, i would think there wouldnt be any becasue they are basically the same motor and tdc with the valves closed is tdc with the valves close. Its a duration thing with the different cams

The reason I asked about valve adjustment issues is: A while back someone mentioned installing a hot cams stage 2 and had an issue with the decompresser when setting it up with the factory lash clearence.

First you check the exhaust clearance then you adjust the decompressor. There will be a problem if the cam timing is messed up but besides that as long as all the numbers match up then its good to go.

AS for anytime you mess you the cam you might as well check clearances and be prepared to adjust sine you are there