Sign in to follow this  

Marckworth/DNR lockdown ??

Hey folks,

Its been a couple years since I rode the forest roads of Marckworth (Duvall area) and today I took the Drz400 out to test a new pipe and rejet only to find that almost every spur road was gated with a sign stating prohibited to motor vehicles. The only open gate had a hand written sign saying do not enter due to active logging. Yikes ! Can you no longer ride dirt from Duvall to Monroe ??

So hard to find any dirt roads/trails close to Seattle these days. :thumbsup:

S ~

Yep, the Markworth Block, aka Stoessel Creek area is completely locked down.

For legal riding up there, as you probably saw, its only on the open county road. You can still follow it up north and it will get you up to Cedar Ponds Rd, which drops you out on Ben Howard Rd.

From Ben Howard Rd you can go west to 203, or go east and follow it out to Hwy 2. You can then take 2 out to Gold Bar and go riding at Reiter.

There's a bit of dirt road riding up in North Bend. Get on Ballarat Rd and follow it out, it turns to dirt. I don't remember how many miles it is, but if you're up that way it might be worth checking out.

Ed

Dont know if I saw any marked roads up there, just dead ends gated by DNR. How would you find cedar ponds road ?

Thanks,

S