Sign in to follow this  

Ski info on Big Bear PLEASE!

Thinking about going to Big Bear after xmas and was wondering what the snow depth average is during December. Is the skiing going to be worth the drive from Az and the cost of the rooms :ride::applause::thumbsup:

Thanks

Bill

thats a hard one it doesn't get a lot of snow like mammoth or tahoe. it's hit or miss at december if they don't get alot of snow lines are insane and rates are very pricey if you want to drive another 4 hours keep going to mammoth december preobably looking about 5-6 base. less people. it's worth it if you are going for a decent vacation

Go to Mammoth!!!! Snow Summitt and Big bear are way too crowded. We only go because we are 45 minutes away. Did I mention I am 45 minutes away from the ocean, desert, and mountains.

i will second mamoth, if you cant go to Tahoe. Big Bear and Snow Summit are a slow (snow) boarders mountain. if you ski go to mammoth or tahoe.

Go to Mammoth!!!! Snow Summitt and Big bear are way too crowded. We only go because we are 45 minutes away. Did I mention I am 45 minutes away from the ocean, desert, and mountains.

:thumbsup:

Thinking about going to Big Bear after xmas and was wondering what the snow depth average is during December. Is the skiing going to be worth the drive from Az and the cost of the rooms :ride::applause::thumbsup:

Thanks

Bill

Summit and Bear Mtn. open by Thanksgiving, but its with man-made snow. By Christmas runs are open to the top, and sometimes the whole mountain is open. Hit and miss with the natural snow, but the resorts in Big Bear have some of the world's largest snow making systems. Sure, Mammoth is way better. But Bear Mtn and Summit are fun places to get your skiing fix, the town is nice, and you can ride your motorcyle in the mountains too. It will be crowded.

We have stayed at the Honey Bear Lodge a few times. Pretty basic, but if you are just looking for a place to crash it will do. http://www.honeybearlodge.com/

I wouldn't drive more then an hour or so for Bear or Summit. I only go because I'm close. There are also tons of little pro ho's that think it is a beauty pageant instead of a ski resort so that is cool tool. Makes for good eye candy.

A few years ago when it snowed its butt off there was great boarding in Bear. We were going nuts in the trees and out of bounds stuff, aside from that it pretty much sucks ass.

im sure the mountains outside flagstaff are better cheaper and closer. all the resorts in so cal are overcrowded overpriced and just flat out lame.

im sure the mountains outside flagstaff are better cheaper and closer. all the resorts in so cal are overcrowded overpriced and just flat out lame.

YEP!!!

Big Bear? Two words: DON'T BOTHER.