Sign in to follow this  

vp u4 gas?

I just recently bought a yz250f. The bike has a high compression piston and the Max Power RPMS big bore 315 kit. The guy I bought it from ran VP U4 race gasoline. He told me it was a great gas for the 4 strokes but you couldn't leave it in the bike or it would gunk up the carburetor. Now I can get VP U4 for $9.50 a gallon from my local shop. I've been running 103 octane from a gas station nearby. My question is what are the pro's and con's of running VP U4 gas?

VPU4 is the best stuff for your engine performancewise and keeping everything clean. The downside is that you need to drain the carb and tank to keep from loosing the properties of the fuel to the atmosphere. I have heard horror stories about carbs guming up but never had it happen here

Yeah. I had relativly the same question due to running a PC high comp piston. I called Pro Circuit and asked them about it because it's only 92 or 94 octane. They said the gas is fine but to drain the carb and tank if storing more then a day. I guess the gas is hydrostatic which means it sucks in water from the atmosphere [like brake fluid] and will gum up the float bowl and pekcock.

how ever vp gas will give you 6% increase in power.

great fuel, run it in the roadrace bike and gained about 5hp with a lil tuning. you'll need to richin it up a lil bit and you'll def. notice a gain.