Sign in to follow this  

Any Machinists Out There?

I need about 8 stainless steel 7" - 1/4 28 threaded rods. Does anyone out there have the ability to turn these suckers out?

4 have to be left hand threaded to be used in a turnbuckle!

Does it have to be 28tpi? McMaster has 1/4-20 SS LH threaded rod... they only have 1/4-28 in RH SS. Could you just use steel and oil or grease it? They have left and right 1/4-28 in steel.

They have SS turnbuckles in 1/4-28 already made too, but I don't know exactly what your trying to do.

Joel

I need about 8 stainless steel 7" - 1/4 28 threaded rods. Does anyone out there have the ability to turn these suckers out?

4 have to be left hand threaded to be used in a turnbuckle!

We have the ability, how deep is the pocket book?

I would check with your local bolt/nut warehouse or McMaster Carr, MSC, they may carry exactly what you need. 7" of 1/4" threaded rod won't be cheap to produce for 4pcs, at least at our shop.

:thumbsup:

You should be able to buy that at a local nut and bolt supplier...Or at least order it in..

A great Company called Fastenal will be able to hook you up. Try them you will be surprised.

A great Company called Fastenall will be able to hook you up. Try them you will be surprised.

I agree, Fastenal (only 1 "L"), should also be able to help you out.

Buy steel rod and get a left hand die and do it yourself if you cant find them.

I can machine what you need but it would be really expensive and rather time consuming.