Sign in to follow this  

Help Please...Eddie?

So my '04 DRZ400E is acting up.

When I get on it hard in second, it feels like the rev limiter is kicking in. I have hit the limiter and this is way low in the revs, about half way to where it should be hitting. It also happened in 3rd but a little higher in the rpm's. Once I shift it's back on the power. At first I thought that the fuel was not getting to the carb but it will do it with a full tank with the petcock in the on position or reserve.

It will not do it when I am slow on acceleration, just when I get on it and not every time. 1st, 4th and 5th are fine.

I have the 3x3, White Bros. pipe and jetted to Burned's specifications.

I have not changed the types of fluids that I run as far as oil or gas. I did just flush the coolant and added Liquid Ice. I am in Denver and the weather has been about the same all summer.

Any thought as to what it could be?

Thanks!!

Rick

So my '04 DRZ400E is acting up.

When I get on it hard in second, it feels like the rev limiter is kicking in. I have hit the limiter and this is way low in the revs, about half way to where it should be hitting. It also happened in 3rd but a little higher in the rpm's. Once I shift it's back on the power. At first I thought that the fuel was not getting to the carb but it will do it with a full tank with the petcock in the on position or reserve.

It will not do it when I am slow on acceleration, just when I get on it and not every time. 1st, 4th and 5th are fine.

I have the 3x3, White Bros. pipe and jetted to Burned's specifications.

I have not changed the types of fluids that I run as far as oil or gas. I did just flush the coolant and added Liquid Ice. I am in Denver and the weather has been about the same all summer.

Any thought as to what it could be?

Thanks!!

Rick

ran fine at some point then started acting up?

ran fine at some point then started acting up?

That's correct. Just started in the last 3 weeks.

check for water contamination in the fuel.

did the bike sit for that long?

I commute about 4 days a week and am at IMI every other weekend. It never sits for long. I will empty the fuel and see if that helps.

Thanks!!

:thumbsup: