Sign in to follow this  

250XC ride report?

Any body got a 250XC ride report im definitely looking into getting one.

Thanks.

I've swapped my 06 300XC with a buddies 06 250XC on some of Kentuckies finest single track and all I can say is the 300XC is the best bike I've ever owned , but I really wanted the 300 XC , the 06 250 XC IMO is every bit as good a woods weapon as its big bro , instant throttle respnse , you twist it things happen right now , 250 - 300 XC take your pick both will improve your speed as a harescrambler , or weekend warrior . P.S. I don't have any riding info on the new 250XC JUST BUY 1 IT WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE

I have a 2006 250xc-w and my brother has a 2005 300exc, they are both nice bikes the 300 has great bottom end, i like my 250 for tight trail riding, to me the 300 is a great bike but my brother has one and we cant have the same bike, that would cause to many problems. :thumbsup::ride:

I have a 2006 250xc-w and my brother has a 2005 300exc, they are both nice bikes the 300 has great bottom end, i like my 250 for tight trail riding, to me the 300 is a great bike but my brother has one and we cant have the same bike, that would cause to many problems. :thumbsup::ride:

totally understand. i have my brother stick with quads. thats how different we have to be.

I've swapped my 06 300XC with a buddies 06 250XC on some of Kentuckies finest single track and all I can say is the 300XC is the best bike I've ever owned , but I really wanted the 300 XC , the 06 250 XC IMO is every bit as good a woods weapon as its big bro , instant throttle respnse , you twist it things happen right now , 250 - 300 XC take your pick both will improve your speed as a harescrambler , or weekend warrior . P.S. I don't have any riding info on the new 250XC JUST BUY 1 IT WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE

Which single tracks in KY?

I'd be interested in hearing about the '07 250XC's. Anybody have one yet?

I'd be interested in hearing about the '07 250XC's. Anybody have one yet?

me too, I just went and looked at some.

I just pick up my 07 250xc today!!!Its smooth and stiff,I went for a quick 15min ride.Stock jetting seems really good,I'll give you guys a full ride report tomorrow.

Georgetown Ky 3200 acres

Greg's place....hard to find better riding in KY. Do you ride SaddleBack as well?

sorry it took so long guys,all i can say is buy it!!!I'm 200lb fast b woods rider,this thing is awesome.The stock suspension is good stuff,the fork is a little stiff.I think I need to soften the compression a few clicks.Then they should be just about spot on.But I'm still waiting for everything to break in,before i start tinkering.The motor flat rips!!smooth and yank at the same time.This is hands down the best stock bike I've ever rode.And i dont even have it set up for me yet.I just brought it home and put hand gaurds on it.I did'nt even cut my bars down or adjust my brake petal yet.(witch is to tight)But to make a long story short its definately worth the money.I'll let you guys know more as it breaks in.hope this helps

Dick

Don't know if you're interested in the 07 250xc-w but I'll offer up a report just in case. I've got 2 rides on mine and absolutely love it. I'm coming off of a YZ125 for MX and an XR250 for the woods. I'm a 50 year old C rider and have raced several hare scrambles and play on the MX track. The suspension soaks up whatever I throw at it and the engine has lots of power that has a very linear delivery. It comes on quick but doesn't have the hit that the YZ125 has. The jetting is a little fat in the middle and I'll be dropping the needle one more notch on the next ride. I dropped it one notch on the second ride (from #4 to #3) and throttle response improved greatly. I'm 6'4" and had the Enduro Engineering tall seat installed. The ergonomics on this bike are awesome. It has a very roomy cockpit and feels light and quick. The addition of bar risers should make it perfect. The bike inspires confidence and is a blast to ride in the woods or on the track. It tops out at over 70 mph but still has a low enough first gear to make the tight stuff easy.

sounds like this bike will dominate the woods, i know im getting one now maybe some moto will be do able as well.

Greg's place....hard to find better riding in KY. Do you ride SaddleBack as well?

Yes , Greg's place is like a dream for a offroader , the 250 XC I swapped with at Greg's belonged to Ken W , you probably know him , very nice bike , super responsive , more so than the 300 XC of mine , which is stock , I was last at Saddleback in 02 when I was racing the entire D-15 H-S series .

I've been on a 06 250XC for a few months now and love it. Riding Ken's was why I picked the 250. No regrets....YZ250F for sale.

I'm mostly a weekday rider and a Saddleback member so if you can break away during the week and want to ride there sometime shoot me a PM.

Mike

I've been on a 06 250XC for a few months now and love it. Riding Ken's was why I picked the 250. No regrets....YZ250F for sale.

I'm mostly a weekday rider and a Saddleback member so if you can break away during the week and want to ride there sometime shoot me a PM.

Mike

Absolutely on going back to Saddleback its been 4 yrs since I raced their , remember it like yesterday , dirtball Mike you gotta deal and congrat's on your 250 XC