Sign in to follow this  

Kxf 250 and Power now issues

I have an 06 KXF250 1 month old. I added only a Dr. D pipe full system and all was well. Oh I live in Northern NJ at sea level. Here's the problem last week I installed a power now wing and what was a bike that was running well and easy to start, would not start now at all. Cold motor choke out kick and kick nothing, finally opened the throttle a touch and she fired up! My thoughts were it was too lean on the pilot, tried to open the fuel screw but after three turns out it didn't feel much different. I swapped out the 40 pilot for a 42 and again not much different, even after turning the fuel screw out past three turns. Next I again swapped the 42 pilot for a 45 pilot and again tried the fuel screw and its finally acting a little better, yet still ran better yet when the fuel screw was opened past three. My thoughts are it still wants a larger pilot, could this be right? And also fearful with so many turns out on the fuel screw that they've been known to fall out! I have contacted Scary fast who makes the power now, their response was that its unusual to need so many steps up in the pilot. And were even kind enough to offer a refund. I know from expirence with my other bike a two smoke that they did improve an already good powerband. Any thoughts for me? Has any one here run one on this bike? Has anyone here with this bike improved upon thier stock jetting? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Peter

Yes I did have the slide out for a moment while inspecting and cleaning the parts. After installing the power now. Why do you ask?

I now went back and searched other posts and found that the plate in front of the slide has been know to have been installed incorrectly by a few riders here.

It seems that its something I should confirm before proceeding on to other solutions. I will try to do this tomorrow and report back my findings.

Thanks

Eddie,

You hit the nail square on the head, I'm a dumb a$$. Sure enough I did install it upside down. Now here's the kicker a friend of mine who is an excellent tuner has been going crazy trying to get his wife CRF 250X running as well as his R. Many I mean many jetting changes later he too found that he installed that plate upside down also. Maybe this post or one like it could be made a sticky up on top? Thanks again for all your help. Lastly my settings from after the long Saturday were 42 pilot up from 40 stock, power now, 185 main up from 180 stock and 45 leak up from 55 stock and JDs Oring on the linkage. The bike through out the day started easy pulled stronger in every gear and any throttle position and had much more over rev. It rocked. Still need to confirm my pilot setting and possibly try yet a larger main.