07 450xc- xc-w?

For your information, the choice would be between the 450 XC and 450 EXC. I haven't heard about a 450 XC-W thus far. The main differences are: the EXC has a wider ratio tranny, a longer stroke engine, a spark arrestor, softer damping, and is street legal.

For all the Ktm Pros what are the diffrence between these to models besides the close and wide gearbox :ride: Im trying to decide which one would suit me better.Thanks!! ?

I guess your thinking that we all know you and where your from and also what kind of terrain you ride, whay type of rider you are, how good are you?

Get the XC!

For your information, the choice would be between the 450 XC and 450 EXC. I haven't heard about a 450 XC-W thus far.

I guess the 450xc-w on Letko's showroom floor doesn't exist.

KTM USA doesn't list the 400xc-w or the 450xc-w but most assuredly they exist. Oddly enough one of the 400xc-w's and the 450xc-w had spark arrestors on them. The other 400xc-w did not. I guess KTM must be digging in to their parts bin.

the KTM xc-w has wide ratio trans, different triple clamps, speedometer, wiring harness for lights(four stroke xc have wiring harness for lights also), rear fender made to mount the rear tail light, light switch, forks dont have preload adjust, shock has low speed compression control only.

KTM xc has closer ratio transmission, billet triple clamps with adjustable offset, no speedo, no wiring for lights except four stroke, 2006 sx type rear fender, has preload adjust fork caps, has high and low speed compression adjust on shock.

the KTM xc-w has wide ratio trans, different triple clamps, speedometer, wiring harness for lights(four stroke xc have wiring harness for lights also), rear fender made to mount the rear tail light, light switch, forks dont have preload adjust, shock has low speed compression control only.

KTM xc has closer ratio transmission, billet triple clamps with adjustable offset, no speedo, no wiring for lights except four stroke, 2006 sx type rear fender, has preload adjust fork caps, has high and low speed compression adjust on shock.

Does that go for the 525 also?

Well sounds like I should get the xc Im coming off the Honda 450r and will be glad to make the switch we trailride a little alot of freeride stuff,hillclimbs,and bombing the big jumps at the dunes :applause: I would like the wide tranny for the trails but I also like the tripleclamps and shortstroke motor of the xc, damn Ill take both of them :ride:?

I just read a Dirt Rider magazine article on what the letter designations will mean. The EXC will be street legal and will have what ever changes KTM feels are necassary to make a dual sport street bike.

The XC-W will be what the EXC was before the 2007 model year. So if I understood the article correctly the XC-W will be a off road version of the EXC which now becomes KTM's dual sport line.

525XC & 450XC are different animals

For 06

450SX is/was Big bore short stroke 4 speed close ratio

450 EXC is/was small bore, long storke 6 speed wide ratio, spark arrestor and soft trail riding suspension.

450XC Replaced the 450MXC but is/was a much racyer combo of big bore short stroke, 6 speed hybrid trans of wide ratio 1 & 2, then close ratio, no spark arrestor no lights and slightly firmer suspension for a bit racyer pace

525SX is/was Big bore long stroke 4 speed close ratio

525EXC is/was bigl bore, long storke 6 speed wide ratio, spark arrestor and soft trail riding suspension.

525XC is/was like the 525 MXC before it, Big bore long stroke 6 speed CLOSE ratio, no spark arrestor no lights and slightly firmer suspension for a bit racyer pace. This close ratio seams to be the preffered gearbox of Baha where they gear them tall and never mess with trail riding gears.

For 07

400XC-W will replace the 400EXC

450SX will be rebadged 450SXF will be a Bigger yet bore shorter yet stroke 4 speed close ratio double overhead cam, cam over lever design somewhat like the 250SXF and as of right now just in our dreams

450EXC is unchanged mechanically but is street legal

450XC-W is the same bike as EXC without street legal

450XC is same combo as it was in 06

525SX is no more, later there will be a 505SX based upon the new twin cam engine

525EXC again no mechanicle changes but street legal

525XC-W like a 525EXC was

525XC like it was, close ratio

Other than that, minor evolutionary changes, clutch case will have clutch access without removing the cover, I think all models will have a leak jet in the carb?