Sign in to follow this  

Dr200

Just bought 2002 Dr200 with 1300 miles on it for my wife, she put on almost 500 miles while riding around the Black Hills of South Dakota. Great bike. 2 questions, first, the clutch will not let go till the lever is just about completely out. I have a 06 400s and no sooner than you start to let the clutch out, you are moving. Just the oppisite on the dr200. Second, is there any maintrnance to the front forks. they seemed normal at first but after a couple hundred miles, seem to be sagging. I'm searching for a shop manual to help out, but any advise would be great. Thanks cman.

I've noticed the same thing when I bought my wife a DR200 as well. On the 400 the as soon as you start letting go of the clutch you are moving, its just the opposite for the 200. My wifes forks sag as well, I don't think there is much you can do for them. You may be able to put different spings in them, but i haven't tried this yet as they seem to work fine for my wife. :thumbsup:

Yes they work fine, wife is 120lbs so thats not a problem, I was just wondering what might help out. thanks for the input and if I come up with a fix I'll post it. cman

my wifes 200 also takes off at "the end of the clutch". Any luck on finding any info for mods??

Greg

For the clutch, try to remove the cable connector at the motor. Pull it off the spline and rotate it one notch, I believe clockwise. Then readjust the nut at the motor end and you should be able to locate the engagement almost anywhere in the stroke. It may be counter-clockwise, but you'll know right away.

I'd say it's a cable adjustment of some kind as mentioned above but not performed myself. My wife has an 01' DR200 and the clutch engages fine. I'd say from approx 1/2" of lever release. I know this 1st hand as I ride the bike often.