Sign in to follow this  

05 RM 250 Suspension ?

Hope some of you can point me in the right direction due to the fact I know very little about suspension stuff.

Last night I won a set of race tech springs from the local bike night here in Vegas. They are going to contact me this week to find out what kind of bike I have and all the other normal questions.

Ride mostly desert with a few MX outings mixed in and would also like to do a little more MX too. I weigh 160 with my gear. I would say I ride beginner to intermediate in the desert. And very beginner on the MX track.

So what should I tell them that I want, should I also get the valves done?

I am most likely going to send them my stuff since I don't know anything about taking apart fork suspension.

Thanks for replies

Robbie

ive never rode desert but i think they set their stuff up more like a trail rider does..im guessing you could live with moto suspension in the desert more then you could with desert susp. on a moto track..these days most mx tracks are littered with jumps, id set it up for mx..

Based on your weight and skill level you may want to try a bit of a softer spring. I believe your stock springs are .43kg./mm you may want to consider a spring rate of .40-.41kg.mm. You should consult with a suspension shop as they will have the best input. I'm a light rider as well and always end up re-springing my bikes for my weight and it makes a world of difference.

Good luck :thumbsup: