Sign in to follow this  

where can I get a larger main jet for a xr100 quick?

I bought some 100/102's from Chaparrel but they look like the smaller xr80 size. Can anyone tell me where I can get a 100/102 quick?

Thanks

Your local Honda dealership should have them. I know mine does. My Honda dealer has every available Keihin and Mikuni jet made.

Your local Honda dealership should have them. I know mine does. My Honda dealer has every available Keihin and Mikuni jet made.

yours is better then ours, out of the 3x I've been there they've only had one I needed

denniskirk is not the cheapest but are pretty fast to here,

If that is from my old bike didn't I have a 200X carb on it? They are different jets.

They XR80 and 100's use the same mains. Have you taken then the xr100 carb apart to compare it to??? If it's a hex main, then it's not a stock 100 carb.

if its a 200x carb you can change the float bowl to the stock xr100 ( non hex nut on the bottom style).and use the shorter jets,

they mains thread on the same.

actually you might not need to change bowls.

you do if you go the other direction ... short to long hex.

If that is from my old bike didn't I have a 200X carb on it? They are different jets.

Yes it is but it's not...you kept the motor and carb remember.

The bike runs great. wanna get a link from moTodd.

They XR80 and 100's use the same mains. Have you taken then the xr100 carb apart to compare it to??? If it's a hex main, then it's not a stock 100 carb.

Oh so maybe they will work...I'll check tonite. Hey, must one use that white "splash shield" over the main jet? Mine won't stay on.

Yes it is but it's not...you kept the motor and carb remember.

The bike runs great. wanna get a link from moTodd.

That's right..I forgot. Try turning the splash shield around as it only really goes on one way. Have any pics of the bike yet??

YES YOU DO!!!!!!!!! Hold the carb upside down put it on and put the bottom of the carb on. It doesn't fall off that way.

YES YOU DO!!!!!!!!! Hold the carb upside down put it on and put the bottom of the carb on. It doesn't fall off that way.

I changed the jet with the carb on the bike so the splash shield is in my toolbox now.

I guess I'll need to do it again. BTW the MJ did fit!