Sign in to follow this  

I need some real feedback and questions answered??

I have a 2005 kxf250 and I just had to replace the top end. My mechanic just took apart the entire motor and freshened everything. The original motor was built by Pinit Motors in Cali. They did not install the clip correct on the wrist pin and my piston ended up with three cracks in it :ride:

The motor has after market cams, valves, etc. Does lets say a 2007 motor fit into a 2005 frame or parts of it? My mechanic is kind of worried about it holding together because he heard the 2005's have cylinder problems and since tons of parts have been swapped and shaved he is not sure how long it will last. Basically he can usually guarentee a motor will last after he works on it but for some reason he has doubts about this one which does not make me happy. I LOVE the way the bike rides but can't afford to rebuild again or the time off.

I would like some honest opinions out there about the 2005 and what parts from newer model years will fit in it. I have read some of the other threads that have similar info to this but I wanted my answers first hand. Thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

Not sure what parts have been "shaved" but it would be cheaper to invest in some part for your 05 that you think have problems ex:head, crank, valves is then to buy a 07 engine. I had a 05 for over a year and had no issues. Good bike just stay on top of the normal thing that you see all the time on this site and bike should do well.