Sign in to follow this  

06 kxf250 plug color

I'm posting under my 15 y.o. son's sn. He rides it, I get to work on it all the time. ( not a complaint ) lol

Anyways, here goes... 06 kxf250.. I brought the bike with 3 hours on it. It came with a PC ti exhaust on it, and was jetted at the dealer. The bike runs great, but the plug ( ngk cr8 iridium) shows no color at all. Jets in the bike were a 180 main, 42 slow jet. I recently went up on the main, 182, raised the needle two spots, bike still runs great, no color. Yesterday, I threw in a 185 main, bike still runs great, no color. I did the search thing, and those numbers look a lot different to me, with similar equipment, than what I'm seeing on this bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

...forgot to mention that I'm at sea level...

Regards,

Gary

I'm posting under my 15 y.o. son's sn. He rides it, I get to work on it all the time. ( not a complaint ) lol

Anyways, here goes... 06 kxf250.. I brought the bike with 3 hours on it. It came with a PC ti exhaust on it, and was jetted at the dealer. The bike runs great, but the plug ( ngk cr8 iridium) shows no color at all. Jets in the bike were a 180 main, 42 slow jet. I recently went up on the main, 182, raised the needle two spots, bike still runs great, no color. Yesterday, I threw in a 185 main, bike still runs great, no color. I did the search thing, and those numbers look a lot different to me, with similar equipment, than what I'm seeing on this bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

...forgot to mention that I'm at sea level...

Regards,

Gary

If the plug shows no color on a 4 stroke, thats good :thumbsup: